1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think it is a good idea to use multivitamins when on reboot?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by HardWorkOnly, Sep 21, 2021.

1. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

What do you think?,does it help?

2. Eat more vegetables.

3. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

Yes but i think i will not get all the vitamins that a multivitan gives,but i agree with you the natural way is always better

4. That's a lie for selling those fake things.

Workout and eat.

Combination of meat or fish and vegetables go over 100 % of everything recommended. + eating nuts and beans and other good stuff. You fine.

Multivatim is just the quick fix. Which doesn't work. Only the long hard road leads to great destinations.

Dag and helloo1221 like this.
  5. Inhoullear

Inhoullear New Fapstronaut

Yes!
    Although some people may say that they don't need vitamins, they are still vital to our overall health and well-being. Vitamins can help boost your energy levels, improve your mental clarity, make sure your skin looks healthy, and even aid in fighting off certain conditions. So whether we're taking them in pill form or through food intake, it's always better to have them than not.
    You shouldn't take too many supplements though, since they can interfere with each other, or cause adverse reactions if combined with alcohol or caffeine. And while you might feel like you're doing something beneficial, you should definitely avoid taking high doses of vitamin C at once, since it can deplete your body of iron, zinc, magnesium, and calcium, among others.
    So remember, a little bit goes a long way, but if you want to try out these three vitamins, then I highly recommend this Multivitamin from Vitamin World.

6. Ascended Ninja

Ascended Ninja Fapstronaut

There is some contradicting ideas against modern vitamins and minerals science. Like some saying vit A could be poison. Or calcium not being needed. A lot of these pills are actually sold as synthetic and contain some undesired preservatives or whatever.

I only take zinc picolonate and a good vitamin c (good, reputable company, with no dogdy ingredients and with flavonoids) and occasionally ( I mean rarely, more off and than on) some TCM/ayurveda goodies such as reishi mushrooms or triphala or schizandra, etc..

In non pill form I take regularly chywanprash, ghee, shilajit, cold-pressed and organic (virgin?) coconut oil and peanut butter. Also organic cacao powder occasionally, with just water but can be added as desired. You can make a nice gym booster cake out of these. Cacao, peanut butter and coconut oil. You can add some milk if too solid. Make the cake in summer or hot conditions when the ingredients are liquid and mix them in a bowl. Count the number of spoons you take, so you know for example this bowl has exactly 7 portions for 7 days or each ingredient so you don't overtake your daily dosage. Can consume this nice homemade chocolate treat on empty stomach right before gym as preworkout or similar, it will give some energy.

I don't do honey anymore because its kinda expensive and the cheap ones could have sugar additives and only that manuka honey is known to be super healthy to western science but thats very expensive. However in TCM (traditional chinese medicine) and Ayuverda (traditional indian medicine) honey doesn't not have a superfood reputation that it has in western science. In fact in TCM its almost negative reputation. Plenty of great alternatives out there.

Anyway the few things I take so far provide lots of energy. Years ago I used to consume the cheapest multivating or multigreens powder from amazon. Provides good energy as well :)

But something that has caught my attention lately is bone broth. I want to buy a power cooker when I can put a whole chicken for 24 hours and make my own bone breath and sip it slowly everyday. I hear online from my martial arts circles that you will find your health quickly soaring from this.

I don't do tinctures like rhodiola or aswaghanda anymore because I haven't noticed much energy, physical or mental, provided from them. If anything ashwaghnadda made me sweat every night which was kind of annoying. But everyone to their own! Do your own research and testing. Pine pollen has strong reviews online, said to be super boosting. I haven't tried it as I'm young and its mainly recommended for older folks like 40+ to help with the hormones :) Consider that if you're older and got a buck to spare on supplements. Get it from a site like Etsy, over amazon if you can.

Overall I try to consume somewhat regularly good foods like Black rice over supplements. Completely got rid of things like ice cream, small cakes, birthday cakes, etc NO NON REAL FOOD WHATSOEVER. I started cooking with lard as well. Gross and smells like crap. But can be tasty and healthy. Got it from supermarket, looking if I can procure lard and eggs weekly/monthly from some nearby farmers. Always make sure you eat ENOUGH. Most of my teen years I did not consume enough food during the day and I wasn't into fasting (intermittent fasting, one meal a day, keto, 24/48/72 hours fasts, etc) Chronically consuming too little food will F you up in so many ways, at first subtly. Stick to the old adage. Get enough QUANTITY of food, sleep and water before you worry about their Quality in your life ! !
    Thomas DeLauer
    @ThomasDeLauerOfficial
    youtube channel ^ talks a lot about fasting but also ways of not destroying your metabolism !