1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does taking magnesium supplement increase height?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by parizaad, Feb 12, 2022.

1. parizaad

parizaad New Fapstronaut

Hey, can y'all suggest to me that with this supplement I can increase my height although I'm doing stretches sprinting, and all other stuff but from diet's perspective are these good?

Attached Files:

2. chaw

chaw Fapstronaut

From what I heard magnesium has very little effect on growing taller, not to mention, the form of magnesium you have (magnesium oxide) sucks at absorption. The main supplement you should be taking regularly is vitamin D, that is the most important vitamin for growing and staying healthy at any age. Even if you go outside and get a lot of sunlight, taking extra vitamin D never hurts. Also you should be sleeping at the very minimum 8 hours a night for the best results and overall health.

I also recommend you read this post, got some helpful information and lists supplements that help with growth that I've seen brought up multiple times by many different people interested in increasing their height. https://www.reddit.com/r/Looksmaxx/comments/as8bp2/heightmaxxing/

3. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I heard about the growth plate thing, I think its BS. I personally grew in height from 21 to 28. Science is an observation, not a conclusion. If you want to achieve anything in terms of vitamin mineral profiles, just dont look at it under a reductionist light. Vitamin D by itself is not going to change your life. Vitamin D, as well as many other vitamins, substrates, all work and rely on each other as parts of a reaction - this is true practically with any supplement. Clean up your eating, push for more nutrient dense options. Human Growth Hormone is a huge factor in terms of growth - research that. Avoid Caffeine - DHEA down, Cortisol up - research that. Maybe include some fasting? Also HIIT training, squatting, sleeping well, waking up early are also associate with higher levels of HGH, also you just feel good as hell while keeping a regimen including these. Try including monounsaturated fatty acids. ZMA(Zinc Magnesium Aspartate). oooo Yea throw in a little cholesterol. If youre doing Magnesium aim for GLYCINATE version, MOST BIOAVAILABLE FORM - also has Glycine which is used in your master antioxidant enzymes*wink wink*). A LITTLE, too much cholesterol will start damaging your internal pipes(as with any high fat diet, independent of sugar intake), and also slow you down. The cholesterol should come from health sources egg yolks, beef, etc. If you're going to do the fat stuff AVOID SUGAR - last thing you want is Oxidized LDL fatty acids and cholesterols...dripping all over your system...Personally for me stretching your quads, and hamstrings works pretty well. To sum, keep nutrients up(reducing - hence with a good antioxidant profile), maintain good hormonal health, and stretch.

Also to note, a huge amount of Americans in particular are subclinically Mg deficient. It just doesn't show up in blood work because the body naturally pulls it from the bones to compensate, restoring blood values back to normal.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    glaze and Imperator Tartarus like this.
  4. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Really improbable , you're 20 , you should have concluded puberty

5. WarriorsNeverCry

WarriorsNeverCry New Fapstronaut

noo any supplements doesn't increase height .

6. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

You're 20. Nothing will.

Embrace your height as a dwarf, it's more empowering.

> 5'8

Magnesium will help with sleep though.

7. Imperator Tartarus

Imperator Tartarus Fapstronaut

This is a fabulous post.

Ajar likes this.
  8. Osthe

Osthe Fapstronaut

Great post.. And i would like to add something..

Inversion up side down.. Helps decompress the spine...

Might help with growing taller.

9. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

10. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

magnesium is primarliy used to calm the nerves and well being.