1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't be average

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Erick Pastora, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

Every single step of the way gets you further. People evolve, you don't really see it, but every single day you're evolving. The question you should ask yourself is "am I evolving into someone better?".

I will tell you something right now that hopefully pops into your head like a freaking bomb: being average is easy. Being the guy with the average job, with the average dating game, with the average friends, with the average everything is really easy. That mindset in which you see other people having everything and you really don't believe that could be you makes you average. And you know why it's easy? Because it doesn't involve any failure, it doesn't require any work.

The human mind works on belief and proof. What does that mean? For every belief that you have in your mind (aka "I'm not good enough", "I'm good for nothing", "Everyone else has everything worked out except me") you search proof of it to make it more real. So if you come from the wrong mindset everything just isn't going to work out.

Being average just means you live in a world of fantasies of what you want to achieve but you do nothing about it, not only because you're afraid of doing it, but because you don't really want the fantasy to go away. You don't want the fantasy to go away because it only means your belief is going to go away and your mind resists change.

So the actual change from the average guy to the succesfull guy is the mindset from where you act. Actually believing you're capable of turning every "would" into "could" and every "could" into taking action will get you results. Because results are not coming instantly. We live in a process and when you take action believing that you WILL get those results eventually and not instantly will make you get them.

And yes, when you take action and try to achieve you're going to fail maybe ten, a hundred, a thousand or a million times. And it's going to hurt you. But, ask yourself what's the alternative? You can either be the guy who tries fifty times until you get it right or you can be the guy who never tries so he never achieves.

Always when you're trying to achieve something in life, remember to think about the what you want to achieve before you think of the how are you going to achieve it. There's absolutely no bigger power than the power of self belief.

Bin Rakan, Hitto and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Getting out of comfort zone is where real life begins...

Hitto and TheBigBadWolf like this.
  3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut