1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't look, don't touch and don't think about it

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

The hardest sin to overcome is the sin we deal with inside our minds. Which is a huge part of PMO. Mental attitude sins are the sin we commit in our minds daily. Bitterness, jealousy, hate, and of course lust. If allowed and entertained within it will consume our minds and fill our hearts.

Thor God of Thunder and Kemar935 like this.
  2. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Are there any tips/resources on getting this started. I get that feelings is not something I should rely on, but as someone who has done that all it's life it's quite difficult to know how to change that. Consciously sure, I could start thinking ''don't really on your feelings'', but there are a lot of things you do unconsciously where I don't even realise I do something or make a decision based on how I feel

Thor God of Thunder likes this.
  3. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Thanks, I'll look into them. Just to clarify I didn't mean to say that I would ever be able to repent like that. I just was trying to say that it would be the ideal stage of repentance.

Mara43 and Wilderness Wanderer like this.
  4. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Haha interesting. I am nowadays mostly going to protestant churches yes, but honestly to me it doesn't really matter that much. I know for many it does, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to those people or you. But I grew up in a missionary family in a country where faith wasn't really allowed. So for the Christians that were there (whether catholic or protestant, whether Pentecostal or Baptist) we all came together on Sundays praising the same God and Son who died for our sins. In my eyes that is the most essential thing.

5. SET FREE NOWWW (FREEdom process) from Suitt's More Than a Sunday Faith
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zqVL11JjWICOHCRUDmqXr9TNC_gpb6yhRF1hKp-fxcc/edit
    I recommend reading the whole book. It's not a difficult read.

Wilderness Wanderer likes this.
  6. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I spent too long getting up this morning and gave into mo again. I need to stop thinking in the morning

7. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

same here... decided to stay in bed longer, so didn't get into my morning routine of prayer and reading the bible, urges came before getting out of bed and I mo'd

8. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

NfBigGlP likes this.
  9. Kemar935 likes this.
  10. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I'm feeling a bit tired today and a few temptations

11. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I almost fell this morning but stopped myself in time

Mara43 likes this.
  12. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I'm having trouble sleeping and my mind is wandering. I might read for a bit

Mara43 likes this.
  13. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

@Sean Edie, I had a horrible time also last night. Finally got out of bed and read passages from the Gospel of Mark. It kept my mind busy and away from going down the dark hole.

Mara43 likes this.
  14. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

It’s a daily battle for me. If I don’t stay close to the Word, prayers throughout the day…..my mind wanders to areas I don’t want to go. It takes so little to trigger my fantasies. I’m unable to do this, but through Jesus all things are possible!

Mara43 and Tao Jones like this.
  15. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I got to sleep okay but I'm really tired this morning

16. Better by far to be tired and clean!

Mara43 and Sean Edie like this.
  17. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I'd be even more tired if I had given in. Depression usually follows relapse

Tao Jones likes this.
  18. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

Listened to the lies!

19. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I've been feeding my fantasies and stopping myself at the last minute. I'm going through the SA manual and hopefully that'll give me some tips on how to keep the thoughts at bay

Mara43 and Mts209 like this.
  20. Stopping yourself from what? It is the feeding the fantasies that we must stop, otherwise we are sunk! It does some good to abstain from MO, but your heart and mind are still rotten with lust. That is the core issue that must be addressed.

Mara43 and Wilderness Wanderer like this.