Don't look, don't touch and don't think about it

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

Now summer is here, I need to focus on turning my head and my main problem is letting these thoughts linger so I'm going full monk mode for at least a month.
    Turn away when someone attracts me, throw out any sexual thoughts as soon as they come and stay away from anything that tempts me

2. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Awesome. I'll be cheering you on!

3. Sounds like a back to basics approach. I always figured as Christians this is how we should be living.

4. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

It really should be but I catch myself a few times looking and I've been meaning to train my mind to look away

Kemar935, jw2021 and Cecil’s Ghost like this.
  5. Looking away helps honor the instruction to "flee immorality." But we also must go on to address why it is we want to look in the first place. if we address the eyes but not the heart, we will never be free of lust. It comes from the heart, so that is where we must root it out. Knowing why we are drawn to this illicit feast in the first place is part of the journey of recovery and healing.

Faithe, Buddhabro2.0, Mara43 and 6 others like this.
  6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

This is the most important point from Christ's sermon on the mount. God's first covenant with the Israelites directed them to follow the commandments. The new covenant, as given to us by Christ, calls us to not only follow God's law but to live it in our hearts too.

Today is Pentecost Sunday. Today we commemorate the day of Pentecost when the seven weeks of Easter had come to an end, Christ's Passover is fulfilled in the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, manifested, given, and communicated as a divine person: of his fullness, Christ, the Lord, pours out the Spirit in abundance and the Holy Trinity is completely revealed.

Holy Spirit please come dwell in our hearts. Make them clean and devote them to You.

7. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

@Tao Jones , excellent video. Will now go back and start from the beginning and go through all. It’s funny how we “know” the basics such as these, yet we (I) need to hear it over and over again!

Kemar935, jw2021 and Tao Jones like this.
  8. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

The sermon today was inspiring. It was about giving up small things for eternity. We sing "I surrender all" but do we really believe it in our hearts and what wouldn't we surrender?

9. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I have the whole series starred on Google Chrome so I watch it all every once in a while

jw2021 and Mts209 like this.
  10. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

My mind seems clear today. It might be because the sun is out but I'm feeling great.
    Looking at women is still a challenge though. I was able to avoid looking at one woman as I passed in the car but glanced in the rear view mirror

jw2021 likes this.
  11. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I've already broken two of my rules. I caught myself a few times looking at women and this morning I held onto a thought for a bit too long so I got up

jw2021 likes this.
  12. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Same here, I've been around for quite some time now, and yet it's good to hear these things time and time again

jw2021 likes this.
  13. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Also I'll join the challenge if you don't mind @Sean Edie

14. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

Welcome

jw2021 likes this.
  15. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Day 1

Had no problems looking at woman, simply because there were no woman to look at haha. Easy start, gotta be on my guard when those moments come however

jw2021 likes this.
  16. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I have a barbershop chorus that rehearses on a Tuesday and music really helps keep my mood up and mind active

17. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

It wasn't as hot as it has been so my day went well. I still had the urge to fantasise but I held back

jw2021 and Mts209 like this.
  18. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I'm back to getting fantasies at night. They creep up on me so I got up and I'll start reading

jw2021 and CPilot like this.
  19. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I got back to sleep and the cats distracted me this morning. I'll fill the day with prayer so my mind is fuller for tonight

Kemar935, Mara43, jw2021 and 2 others like this.