1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Eating healthy again

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by BravelyKegger, Sep 18, 2023.

1. I have been eating unhealthy for months; I am tired of feeling like trash and being bloated 24/7. I am going to keep a log here and see what works and what doesn't. I am currently on a war-ship in the Navy so my options are limited.
    My plan as of right now

Off limit items
    1. processed sugars such as: soda, candy, junk snacks, etc.

What I will be consuming
    1. organic health supplements.
    2. salads and any fruits/vegetables I can get my hands on.
    3. water/organic teas/apple cider vinegar water.
    4. Honey

KIXVK and SilentWolfSong like this.
  2. Day 0
    Tonight does not count since tomorrow will be my starting time. I currently feel bloated, gassy, lethargic, and overall crappy.

3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

How is it going? I am on a healthy diet kick as well, starting today, since coming back from holiday - which no surprise meant a lot of junk food/drink, no exercise, bad sleep and endless snacking to stay awake while driving on little sleep. I also seem to have a horrible mouth ulcer on my tongue, probably from all the above and exacerbated by the poor food, which i am swilling with salt water (among other things) to try and cure.

Surprisingly i dont seem to have gained much/any weight, but i am carrying a little too much anyway.

BravelyKegger and SilentWolfSong like this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

The plan at the moment is basically:

1. Log everything. Limit calories (adjusted for exercise/steps) and try and hit targets for protein and fat, while limiting carbs.

2. Hydrate! 8 glasses of water per day goal, no other drinks apart from morning coffee/protein shake. Feeling thirsty? Glass of water. Feeling hungry? Glass of water. Tired? Bored? Distracted? Have a drink. I'm really bad at this, i can not drink all day long. This alone could be life changing.

3. Stop late night snacking! Another terrible habit of mine :) have a drink of water or maybe a tiny helping of yogurt and fruit. No pounding toast or crisps!

Probably more but there's a start....

BravelyKegger likes this.
  5. Apologies for the late reply friend. I noticed eating bad and neglecting my oral health usually results in cold sores in my mouth, it's not a pleasant thing. I personally dislike drinking a copious amount of water due to the frequent need to urinate; it's a long walk to the bathroom at work so I drink only when my body requires it. I believe snacking at night is fine as long as it's light and healthy. I decided I will discontinue logging my food intake due to the amount of effort it requires to log and remember everything; I believe as long as we avoid junk foods we do not need to keep a strict log. I have not been doing well in regards to eating well; starting tomorrow I plan on taking this seriously!

fredisthebes likes this.
  6. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Good luck. I am not a fully paid up member of the drink water all day club, but i have noticed a tendancy of mine is to experience hunger instead of thirst, i.e. to eat food when my body is craving a drink. I dont know what causes this, bit it's something to be aware of.

Similarly with late night eating - i am tired, i am not thinking straight, therefore i am making poor choices. A pre-planned snack would be ok. Just going to bed would be better!

Been logging on and off, to be honest. Must do better. My weight is consistent, which is an improvement on steady growth i suppose!