1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Empezar de nuevo.

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

I just want to say I think what your mother said was incredibly uncharitable and you should not believe a word of it. It is not selfish or mean to want your own space as an adult, and there is a difference between not wanting to share and not wanting to be stepped on and mistreated.

Again, I don't know what your situation is in terms of leaving, however, if you can't leave then I would try to save some money so when this kind of thing happens, you can get yourself a hotel room for a night or two.

Ketherlonk and Keli like this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Happy Birthday Keli! May you find freedom from your sadness for awhile today and may you find many things to smile about. May Our Lord Bless you today just as He did when he breathed life into your soul the very first time.

Also today remember the words of St. Therese of Lisieux, "The worlds thy ship and not thy home".

swazzy1, Keli and Ketherlonk like this.
  3. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

I was going to say the same. For a variety of reasons, you may decide to accept the situation and endure the uncharitable behavior of your parents towards you. But it should not be the same as believing that their behavior is justified. I hope you can find some peace in this, either by deciding to endure these sufferings in love, or by making changes in your life. I know this can be very difficult either way. I pray the Lord shows you what His will is for you regarding this situation. No matter what His will is, it will be to your benefit because He loves you to the point of death.

swazzy1, Keli and Giuseppe like this.
  4. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

Happy Birthday, Keli!

Praying you have a great day today!

Ketherlonk, swazzy1 and Keli like this.
  5. ¡Feliz cumpleaños, Keli! Que Dios te bendiga hoy y siempre.

Ketherlonk, Keli and swazzy1 like this.
  6. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias por sus consejos y saludos de cumpleaños a cada uno..
    Pasé muy bien gracias a Dios..
    Lo unico un poco desagradable fue no tener mi espacio y privacidad pero fue solo una noche..
    Quizas exageré un poco con mis sentimientos y reacciones..
    Pero son cosas que no se disimular..
    Quizás tengan su raiz en algo más, lo hablaré en terapia, a parte mi mamá tampoco es muy amable, como leyeron.
    Lo cierto es que estuve tan ocupada el fin de semana que ya estoy en mi dia 20.. 21 hoy al final de la tarde..
    Debo confesar que cuando me sentí triste y enojada el sábado si tuve pensamientos de caer, pero no estuve sola en ningún momento..

7. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

That's great to hear! God is wonderful... with the discomfort of the visit, He also made it easier for you to stay faithful.

I had a (kind of) similar experience yesterday. At Mass yesterday I wasn't going to receive communion, because I haven't been to confession yet. But my in-laws were beside me in the pew, so I was worried about them wondering why I am just receiving a blessing, etc. As it turns out, the communion line went the other way that day, so I ended up behind them and they didn't see me. Of course I shouldn't worry that way about what people think. And it could've been just chance. But it felt like God, in His kindness, was saving me from a bit of shame because I had made the right decision.

Gallade_Templar likes this.
  8. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Dia 0..
    Hoy volvi a caer..
    Quizas las discusiones de fin de semana y mas el estres del trabajo hoy.. que quiero salir y aun no se que hacer de mi vida.
    No logré cortar los pensamientos de raiz..
    Al menos fue una mejor racha esta vez..

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  9. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

It was a fantastic run, so don't let this fall throw you into despair. This run was proof that the steps you're taking in your recovery are going in the right direction. Get up, dust yourself off, and get back to moving forward!

Ketherlonk, Gallade_Templar and Keli like this.
  10. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias amigo..
    Debo aprender a cortar rapido cuando llegue la tentacion...
    Porque una vez que empieza ya es dificil dar marcha atras..
    Y también debo hacer cambios en mi vida que me cuestan tanto...
    De todos modos es verdad que estoy yendo por buen camino.. espero que llegue el dia número 500 alguna vez..

11. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

Let's try living as if it has already arrived! What would the 500+ day you do today? ;):)

Ketherlonk likes this.
  12. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

No lo se..
    Solo creo que me sentiría mas libre, sana y normal, mas segura quizás.
    Y con un nuevo empleo..
    I don't know..
    Me gustaría estar cumpliendo los planes de Dios para mi vida..

Leon_GTO, Ketherlonk and Giuseppe like this.
  13. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

You had a great streak, Keli. You can do it again, and more! All that matters is that we keep trying and making efforts.
    I relate to that a lot. In my last few falls, when the temptation struck, it kind of exploded out of control really fast. But, there were also some precursor signs, like I was procrastinating, afraid of something, or something like that. We need to learn to recognize the situations and emotional conditions that most often precede a fall.

Gallade_Templar, Keli and Giuseppe like this.
  14. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

This is true, and I have been noticing that my trigger usually happens a couple days prior to a relapse and not simply the day of the relapse.

Gallade_Templar, Keli and Ketherlonk like this.
  15. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

Yes! It all hinges on what we do with that initial trigger, doesn't it? Do we feed it, nurture it, or stamp it out/let it fade?

Keli and Giuseppe like this.
  16. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

si..siempre intentar de nuevo y no rendirse..
    Graciass por tus palabras de animo.

Leon_GTO and Ketherlonk like this.
  17. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Es verdad. @Giuseppe creo que de estar sola el fin de semana ya hubiese caido, pero tenia muchas actividades y siempre estaba rodeado de amigas o familia..
    Sin embargo por las tardes en la oficina sola.. es tan facil dejarse llevar..
    Espero hacerlo mejor esta vez

Leon_GTO, Giuseppe and Ketherlonk like this.
  18. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I must admit that a change in my circumstances helped me to conquer this sin. I had a very high stress job and, among other things, I indulged in PMO to procrastinate from work as well as give myself comfort from the constant demands. Despite the fact that I truly wanted to quit committing this sin, I could not manage to do it.

I retired from that job and have begun working in my own small concern where I can set my own hours. Even after I retired it took awhile for me to put an end to it. Perhaps the most influential thing which I have gained from this change is the fact that I do not feel guilty (well not much anyway) for devoting time each day to this forum, to some prayer and also I can now listen to religious texts or music while I work.

With hindsight, had I devoted my heart more fully to the Lord, before I retired, I think I could have overcome this sin during that time but I felt guilty and was lazy about giving God my time in this way. Truly I was misguided but it was my reality during those days.

Ketherlonk and Keli like this.
  19. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Si.. también necesito un cambio en mi vida..
    Yo en realidad tengo mucho tiempo aqui, especialmente en las tardes, asi que puedo leer y escuchar audiolibros. Lo que me molesta es estar encerrada todo el dia aqui y no poder salir a hacer otras cosas o disfrutar mas de la naturaleza o de cosas que me gustan como viajar, ademas me molestan ciertas decisiones tontas de mis superiores, y que no hay posibilidad de ascenso aqui.. no puedo aspirar a nada mas, llevo 13 años aqui y 5 queriendo salir.. aunque mas que ascenso me gustaría mas libertad de horario..

A veces pienso que soy mal agradecida porque muchos ni siquiera tienen trabajo...
    Pero asi me siento. Y le pido a Dios en oración que si debo seguir aqui me ayude aceptar...
    Pero que me muestre mis dones y talentos y donde y como quiere que los ponga al servicio de los demas..

A veces mi vida no tiene sentido para mi... solo me levanto cada mañana como un robot y hago lo que debo hacer por obligación..

Leon_GTO, Ketherlonk and Giuseppe like this.
  20. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

Have you heard of the Opus Dei and St. José Maria Escrivá? He writes about sanctification through work, how even the simplest labor can be a means towards holiness.

CPilot likes this.