1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feast Or Famine

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Brothers and Sisters,

There is a concept I wanted you to consider based on the verses below about feasting with the Lord. These verses gave me a picture that helped me understand how PMO affects our relationship with God. The parable in Matthew 22 speaks of the man who prepared a wedding feast for His son and the invited guests did not come. This is explaining how the Jewish people of that day did not accept Jesus as the Christ.

It gave me another picture of the person who has put their faith in Christ and has come to the Lords feast and had a taste of the joy and goodness available for Christians. Picture this, you are at the banquet table with the Lord and everything is perfect. Then we get up and leave. When we leave we wander the streets digging through trashcans looking for scraps. This is what we do when we go back to our PMO as believers. The banquet table is still available to us we merely have to go back with a heart of confession and repentance. The thing I realized is that the longer you stay away from sin and walk in obedience then you really start to enjoy the Lord and reap the benefits of consistently walking closely with Him. These benefits are many; the fruit of the spirit, seeing God move in your life, rebuilding relationships, revelations from his word and how to apply them, seeing and fulfilling His purpose for you, and inviting others to the banquet. So keep this in mind as you are being tempted, the enemy is trying to keep you from all of these wonderful things by keeping you bound to this sin. Also realize that you only need to be one step ahead of someone else to help them.

Psalm 36:8

'They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart! Let not the foot of arrogance come upon me, nor the hand of the wicked drive me away. ' Psalm 36:8-11

Prov 15:15

'All the days of the afflicted are evil, but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast. ' Proverbs 15:15

Matthew 22:2

'And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son, and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come. Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.”’ But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business, while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them. ' Matthew 22:1-6