1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feels like I forgot to do something

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Hi. I'm pretty new to nofap.
    Ever since I started I get this feeling that I forgot to do something I feel a bit restless because of it.
    Since I feel restless I just sit around all day not doing anything important since I cant really focus.

Anyone else felt this? And what can I do to stop it?

2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

2525 likes this.
  3. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    In the feeling of forgetting to do something, you end up not doing anything.
    Isn’t that far worse?
    Just get up and do something, anything. It’s better than nothing.
    Plus, your subconscious mind will often remind you of what you were trying to consciously recall earlier when you set your conscious mind to some kind of other task.
    Sitting and fretting just keeps your conscious mind from hearing your subconscious.
    It’s a win-win-win, just get up and do anything.. lol :)

A41:14A likes this.
  4. I feel this way occasionally, especially when I don't have much to do. It feels like there is something important you have to carry out, but you don't know what it is, and every time you are trying to do smth you give up after 5 minutes. It's not just boredom, I think, in English it is called spleen.

My advice is juct to lie down on your bed and let you conscious fly. It's kind of meditation, but you don't try to free your mind, but just "reload". Then I usually get on my feet and say out loud: "Today I won't do anything". This gives you an excuse for doing nothing, whic you already do, but in this case you won't feel ashame. This is a very imprtant to allow yourself to do nothing and free your consience.

Usually it helps. I watch a filf, TV, or read book, play PC - simply relaxing. At the next day you'll feel better.