1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

For simplicity’s sake

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sananafraz, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Sananafraz

Sananafraz Fapstronaut

Are we doing this the right way? Are we removing this mass of shame and pain we call PMO and leaving a vacuum in its wake? Are we trusting circumstances to fill this void for us? I would rather choose what belongs there.

FAPSTRONAUTS! What should we put in what was PMO’s place!?

2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

3. Hello my friend.

I've been thinking about the same thing for long, but I've not reached the answer. I think that every feature of your character makes you a person, even your addiction. And getting rid of this addiction you make yourself less a person. But it doesn't mean you should stick with it. You are here because you want to become a better man. As you said, you have a vacuum, a hole in your personality. That's why NoFap won't make you a better man, it's you who will.

I don't know what exactly you can put in this hole. Every man is different. Just take your time and think hard. Was there something you always wanted to do? Or, maybe, there was something you wanted to do, but because of PMO you couldn't? Just follow your dream, however lame it sounds.

A41:14A likes this.
  4. I'm taking each day as it comes. Yes, im trusting circumstances to fill the void. Unfortunately my pmo time is sporadic and opportunistic, so its hard to plan a void filler under those circumstances.
    Also, a lot of time used by pmo is the thoughts going through my head a lot of the time. Perhaps writing a list of alternative things to think about when that happens might lead to positive outcomes.
    Hadn't considered that. Thanks for the post.

A41:14A likes this.