1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

God's rules, not Nofap's

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Hi, today I committed the sin of lust. Went to a risky site, and let my eyes rest to long where they shouldn't. The so called hunting behaviour.

And I thought, this is evil in the eyes of God. According to nofap this would be bad but not a relapse. Nofap has gray-zones where you have to cross a line for it to be a relapse. But this does not reflect God's character, to him there is right and wrong, and the Nofap rules does not follow that principle fully.

But I think God's rules are a lot more useful than the rules of nofap. So I have updated my counter to reflect this, taking into account all sins of lust, while also mentioning when my latest full-blown relapse occurred.

I have a feeling this is good, we should be accountable to all sins of lust, not just the climax of it called pmo. And if I am not using nofap as a tool to obey God better, what am I doing here?

If you feel moved, I encourage you to do the same, it might hurt your pride, but that's a good thing. I feel motivated by this. Now my counter tracks the sin of lust which is more useful than the rules of Nofap. Especially to us Christians.

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I like this article because we need to repent when we sin. If a 1-second sin is okay, then a 15-second sin will be okay, then... A thorough repentance is correct to restore our great relationship with Jesus. But even putting that aside. If we look, we will fall and be back in a rut. The only thing that will keep us from falling, and falling again after looking, is repentance.

SwedishViking and Tao Jones like this.
  3. Yeah, if we fail but keep clinging to the Lord in repentance, not giving up. I think we have to end up making it eventually.

Making this new commitment has taught me one thing, this battle gets a lot easier when you don't even bend to the enemy, you are more likely to break if you are already bent.

Prov 25:28: "Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control." And that self-control starts with the mind, if that's not under control, the enemy can just enter in and do whatever he wants.

Now I don't know if you have to be perfectly conscious of every thought at all times, however, you can always take control and set the mind in the right direction, if you start thinking of something biblical, then the mind will keep going in that direction automatically. I think that's controlling it in a way. And if you want to take a step further in preventing lustful thoughts, I have noticed that certain thought-topics have a tendency to end up there. So identifying those topics, and replacing them with what is pure makes this even easier.

For example, this summer I will go to a church-conference with my friends, and there will be girls at that place that I'm interest in. So for me, I have to thread carefully when thinking of this vacation, even if the thoughts might start out innocent, I think you can see where they may lead. And sure, you can avoid your thoughts ending up there by being very conscious, but why not minimize the risk for temptation when you can?

Basically we have to be very intentional with the thoughts we allow ourselves to have.

Myfortress, Tao Jones and timcia like this.