1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone here got into PMO due to body concerns?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. HereToFight

HereToFight Fapstronaut

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  2. It is helpful to have an AP or three and begin checking in with them daily. This site is a great place to start building that team.

We become trapped in PMO by believing all sorts of lies. It doesn't really matter what those lies are -- the important thing is to see them for what they are.
    We break free by replacing every lie in our thinking with truth and then keeping our focus on the truth unswervingly.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zqVL11JjWICOHCRUDmqXr9TNC_gpb6yhRF1hKp-fxcc/edit

Onward!

SwedishViking and HereToFight like this.
  3. HereToFight

HereToFight Fapstronaut

Day 2:

- Still a little disappointed about the last relapse;
    - Reading forum threads and other content, I got a better grasp on the harms PM have done to my life;
    - Firmly determined to stop this habit, as never before;
    - Downloading a series of presentations/sermons about how to overcome this addictions, to watch tomorrow;
    - Started to write more openly about my struggles;
    - Trying to retake control over my tasks, to keep mind and body occupied;
    - Asking God that it may not be too late, that I still may be set free.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    Tao Jones likes this.
  4. HereToFight

HereToFight Fapstronaut

Day 3:

- It was a peaceful day, have no urges yet;
    - Watched some episodes of "A Greater Lust", which opened more my eyes and gave me hope as well;
    - Trying to control the apetite, as I know it is closely linked to all sorts of addictions;
    - Spoke with a family member about my issue with PM, not it's not a "Classified" subject anymore.

Tao Jones likes this.
  5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I haven't given a lot of thought as to the possibility that I indulged in PMO due to body issues but I have often thought that a lack of self esteem has contributed to my weakness for this sin. Indulging in the sin was one cause of lack of self-esteem so the cycle is a vicious one. I once read in an examination of conscience that indulging in an inferiority complex is a sin, which implies that this kind of thinking is within our control so when we have negative thoughts about ourselves, perhaps it would help to remind ourselves we are one of God's fantastic creations.

When I look around me at all of the things God has made, I often say to myself, "God makes the coolest stuff". Our two labrador puppies - what beautiful and loving creatures God created there. A large bird in flight, soaring on a thermal, what an amazing thing! A beautiful massive oak tree, such a great and beautiful thing from just a small seed. Our planet, such a beautiful blue oasis in the vastness of space. Our galaxy, 100,000 light years across with billions of stars and yet it is only one of billions. So vast is our universe, all created by God. God does amazing work!

God also created me, with my many weaknesses but also with several talents. God does create the coolest stuff and shame on me for failing to appreciate that I am one of His creations.

It is not pride to recognize the talents/gifts we were given when we remember we did nothing to earn them. Nothing to deserve them. Surely, it is a sin to fail to acknowledge all of the wonderful traits God gave us? It would be rude to fail to thank a king for his gift. How much worse it would be to fail to recognize what God has given each of us and thank Him for it.

Thank God for you and thank God for me.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    value and Tao Jones like this.
  6. value

value Fapstronaut

This gives me goosebumbs… wow…