1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey guys

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. DiegoNunez7749

DiegoNunez7749 Fapstronaut

Hey so I was wondering does change come slowly or is it suppose to come fast? Because I trying to change my mind about sinful stuff and my body just wants to give in so much, will my body change overtime? Will these sinful temptations go away? Some of these temptations are homosexual, will they disappear?

renew_life_j likes this.
  2. Change occurred slowly for me, but mostly because I drug my feet in turning my back on sin and turning toward abundant life in Christ. It can occur as quickly as we want it to, I think. Of course, the longer we have wallowed in the mud, the longer it will take for us to get cleaned up! :)

The temptation will lessen over time. It may always arise, but you will be strengthened against it to the point where you will have little trouble resisting and turning instead to Christ for fulfillment in all things.

It is a fight, and we must continue to press on each day. As God said to Cain: "...sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it." (Genesis 4:7) Onward!

3. Tao is right. The temptations will always come. The more you grow as a Christian and resist the temptations the less likely you are to be pulled into the sin. You will dismiss the temptations quickly and remember who you are in Christ.

4. crr5243

crr5243 Fapstronaut

Disappear of temptations...unfortunately not however but make note of your triggers (they differ for everyone) and avoid them at all costs as best you can.