1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How cold is your cold shower?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Happy Gnome, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Good point, I can still end my shower cold.

2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

My cold showers are hot.

3. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

Finally tried it with wim hof method and the difference was really apparent. I feel less of a shock and can shower on coldest with no problem. I do it for 3 minutes so to get most benefits.

4. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

Outside temp (I work outside): 15° (-10c)
    Bathroom temp before: 68.7° (20c)
    Water temp: 47° (8c)
    Bathroom temp after 65.5° (18c)

El fapio likes this.
  5. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

Monster :D

6. I live in Canada we don't need cold showers we just walk out side

7. Sc8r51o1n

Sc8r51o1n Fapstronaut

I dont want to necro this thread but want to share my story.
    Back in November I was on day 50ish and saw that thread.
    I thought that you people were crazy to measure your cold showers, but realized there is another approach to cold showers - fully cold shower.
    I was doing contrast showers for years with cold at the end.
    With the start of NoFap I added cold a the start, so it was sandwich.
    Now, about a month ago I figured I should try full cold shower. And I lived! And now I do it regularly. So thanks and good luck in your journeys.

Deleted Account and Baldur like this.
  8. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Thanks! Good luck on your journey as well!
    /Baldur

9. trix

trix Fapstronaut

I find cold showers ridiculously hard like unbearable so I put it on the setting that causes discomfort and that i have to fight myself to stay under the water. But not so cold as to feel my brain go numb? I dont know if this is how its supposed to be?

10. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

The temperature of liquid water in normal pressure should be above 0°C. The problem you have is that you fight the cold. The only way to get comfortable in cold water is to relax and
    breath. Your body is a human body. And us humans are designed to withstand harsh environments. All it takes is training. You can do that.
    Just do it as cold as you can handle and relax into it. Warm yourself up afterwards, if needed. The act of fighting the cold intensifies it. Calm yourself and endure.

Cheers!
    /Baldur

Sc8r51o1n likes this.
  11. Animation Fan

Animation Fan Fapstronaut

Can't say I make it cold at all. A hot shower is too darn relaxing. If the urge becomes too strong however, crack it to freezing. It sends King Kong back to his lair every time.

vxlccm likes this.
  12. Hatfuge

Hatfuge Fapstronaut

You have to build it up, I started with 10 seconds and I can with no problems stay for 20 minutes even tho I usually stop after 10 min (sometimes I forget about the time) it's usually around 13-14 minutes I start to feel really good. worst part of cold showers for me is the initial touch of the water. I always turn it all the way down, but don't put my head in unless I'm washing my hair and when I do it's just for a short period to get it wet or get the shampoo out.

Mr. Gotthelife82 likes this.
  13. Mr. Gotthelife82

Mr. Gotthelife82 Fapstronaut

Well,am a newby, I never used a thermometer to measure the temperature, to each its own. I start with lukewarm than cold for about 30 seconds than back to lukewarm and back to cold. But cold is the absence of any hint of warm water. If you like cold from the tap (I recommend it) if you want ice bucket water go for it.

14. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    nice imagery

15. Animation Fan

I guess it was a little too dirty huh? o_O

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  16. AshitaNoMe

AshitaNoMe Fapstronaut

made me choke on my tea

17. Animation Fan

Sorry about that. XD

18. sciguy

sciguy Fapstronaut

During winter it's cold enough to make me dance,jump and shout inside my bathroom.:D:D but i enjoy it

19. turn it all the way to the cold.
    5 minutes minimum

20. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I live in the southeastern United States and my shower could be colder I guess. I try to stay in it for at least a few minutes, did it this morning, washed up and everything!