1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you guys reward yourself for hitting a milestone?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skylar_legit, Jan 28, 2016.

1. skylar_legit

skylar_legit Fapstronaut

Hey guys..!
    I just passed day 50 milestone on my streak and i didnt' reward myself for it, so I need some ideas for rewarding myself . Im really happy with my progress and im proud of myself.

Im changing myself for good and improving. So , how do you guys reward yourself for hitting a milestone or completing a nofap mission thingy..?

Sky x.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. If your feeling generous and have the money, take someone out to eat! Or go to the movies?

skylar_legit and Deleted Account like this.
  3. avatarivn

What about giving yourself another 50 days free of PMO? ;)

BTW, congratulations for achieving almost two months free of that poison

4. melancholy king

melancholy king Fapstronaut

Your "reward" is the gradual separation from reality and fantasy, the increase in self discipline and respect, and all the little benefits that come with it (erections, increased testosterone, better sex, etcetera). It is in many ways a "reboot" of your life, of course it won't be the first nor the last, however it is definitely an enormous shift as a whole.

5. randompatriot

randompatriot Fapstronaut

Well done on doing 50 days! Stay strong!

About the reward, I agree with melancholy king, but why not go celebrate such as eating at a place you love with someone (assuming if you told anyone in your close circle about this) or in fact, go out on a hike. You're going to experience a completely different feeling now that you've spent that many days clean, you will see things differently. Just a thought.

Keep on Sky!

skylar_legit likes this.
  6. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Hmmm! Remain vigilant I say! lol

And add another nought to 50. Next goal- 500. Then add another nought- 5000.Then to infinity and beyond!!!! :rolleyes:

skylar_legit likes this.
  7. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

I don't really do the reward thing.. But I was considering making a money jar or something, for every day that I don't PMO I put in $1 (for example). Then at the end of a streak, say 30 days, I use the money I saved and buy something cool!

What happens if I relapse? Well then that money goes to a separate 90 day jar, which I will not be allowed to open until I finish 90 days straight of NoFap. That could give me an incentive not to relapse.

What do you guys think? These systems are kind of strange in my opinion, because you are enforcing a rule on yourself. Has anyone tried it with success?

8. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

My counter is my money.... that is, I look at it like money in the bank in the sense that I VALUE it. Am I going to go on a spending spree and waste ALL my savings? No! Am I going to look at P and kill my counter? No!

Go hard people! : )

skylar_legit likes this.
  9. skylar_legit

skylar_legit Fapstronaut

I think rewarding system is great..! parents reward their children for good stuff and that's how kids learn.
    thank you guys for your suggestions, really helpful.
    i guess im gonna go for movies .
    no pmo this year!
    2016 clean.
    sky x.

bender84 and randompatriot like this.
  10. bender84

bender84 Fapstronaut

When I get to 45 or 60 days free and clear I think I will let myself get back into dating. I think that will be my reward.

skylar_legit likes this.
  11. skylar_legit

skylar_legit Fapstronaut

Woah...you must be good with this dating thingy.
    I dont date, but im always getting mixed signals from girls...struggle is real

bender84 likes this.
  12. bender84

bender84 Fapstronaut

Haha, wow I am hardly good at dating (lots of mixed signals for me too). I like to meet people and I want to try to find that special person out there for me. This reboot is about being ready for a real relationship when I meet that person.

skylar_legit likes this.
  13. TheBeachvillain

TheBeachvillain Banned

Usually with a celebratory fap

oooo and bender84 like this.
  14. bender84

bender84 Fapstronaut

Maybe that's not the best idea lol.

In truth, I have to wonder whether or not "allowing" myself to try to date is a reward and more like thinking I am ready for a relationship. I royally bungled my last relationship, and I think some part of that is pmo. I hardly did it in that relationship and I still think it caused me issues!

Maybe for my current goal I will do a movie day where I go to multiple movies in one day. It's been a while since I did that. Thanks for the suggestion skylar_legit!

BackToManhood and skylar_legit like this.
  15. BackToManhood

A movie day sounds good to me, too. I like movies! I just have to be careful that I don't pick ones which could cause me to relapse. Maybe watching them with a friend would be best for me.

16. skylar_legit

skylar_legit Fapstronaut

if you watch in a cinema hall , you wont relapse there.

BackToManhood likes this.
  17. BackToManhood

Great idea. :) Going to the cinema is fun, too. Nothing like the big screen.

skylar_legit likes this.
  18. swagnarock

swagnarock Fapstronaut

I like yall's idea bout self rewarding for PMO quitting....I guess I'll try that money saving idea by backtomanhood.....

Am rewarding myself with Deadpool....if I make it till mid Feb

skylar_legit and BackToManhood like this.
  19. melancholy king

melancholy king Fapstronaut

Pee Wee Herman would say otherwise...