1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to calm down when overwhelmed?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NebulousRiver, Jun 8, 2021.

1. What ways do you guys find is helpful when trying to calm yourself down? Life can be so stressful some times.

Maslakone, Toni7 and Asgardian36 like this.
  2. No responses, nice.

Toni7 likes this.
  3. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Spending time whit pets.
    Or go somewhere in nature and trying to clear your mind.

4. People can post a long laundry list but then there's the question of what will work best for you. It may be better to look up stress management online, unless you're talking about when stress makes you feel like PMO though it may not be that different.

I think different things work on different levels, and it may be worth it to do more than one thing. Just a random example is I did some deep stretching the other night, holding each for like a few minutes which is prescribed to me by a physical therapist, lo and behold the weird feeling in one part of my spine that was making me wake up at night went away.

Another example would be exercise, but obviously cardio is very different from strength training - and there again you may want or even need to do some stretching along with that, which also depends on how long or how hard you work out. And did you already have muscular tension? Without any of these specifics you won't have a strategy. You may have ideas/tools but how to use them is another story.

BurgerChamp, Toni7 and AlphaGod like this.
  5. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut