How to do intermittent fasting?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Deleted Account, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Hello all...
    What is the correct pattern/way of doing it? Have you got any benefits of it in your NoFap journey?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

I don't know that IF will either help or hurt abstinence, but it does help with weight and blood sugar control. I do a mild form, of eating once a day until satiation, without counting calories. Some other forms might be eat every other day within a certain time frame, or have a restricted calorie day alternating with an unrestricted calorie day. I'd recommend trying a medium-term fast at some point, like 3 days straight, to start learning the difference between cravings and real hunger. A medium-term fast can give you a jump-start by increasing metabolism, decreasing cravings, and lowering insulin levels (which can lower your "body set weight").
    Here's a blog from a medical doctor on the topic. There's a ton of pages of reading!!!
    https://idmprogram.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/

3. There are various ways... See which one suits you...
    Personally I like 3-4 small-medium meals everyday and one or two meals off now and then a lot better.
    I tried IF for three weeks and it was miserable... Utterly horrible experience for me.

4. Thanks for the information sir.. :) i think along with NoFap, my other major goal is to lose weight especially my belly area..

5. Thanks a lot Sir :)
    But utterly horrible in the sense of what? Wasn't that beneficial enough?

6. IDK about benefits... Because I developed headache and Nausea from it... IDK the reasons, but when I skip morning meals I always get headache and nausea by late afternoon which doesn't go away for many hours and sometimes lasts all night too.
    I got a ripped stomach from IF but the hassle wasn't worth it.
    Now I eat 2 small meals some days and 4 small to medium meals on most days.

7. Sam_ba

Sam_ba Fapstronaut

Congrats for coming here. one idea is that when you are deprived of food for 1 or 2 days the body stops to want to reproduce and concentrate on finding food. This tznds to makies you more alert but with less. Cravings a part from food. I find it useful when urges are too high to fast for a few days. Cuz for me fasting is a killer.

I find it easier to stop eating food for some days than to control my intake I know it is linked to difficulties from my m childhood so I m no example to follow just sharing and supporting

I find that often I misunderstood sleepiness as hunger. So before anything i try to sleep sufficiently I do siesta a lot (sometimes even 3 x day).

I generally eat once a day if there are no social/family other family meals. But above all I try to listen to my body. When I m tired I sleep when I l hungry I eat when I have anxieyi i let it pass and do not go to the fridge.

Stay strong we do this together

8. I'm doing 16/8 intermittent fasting, which means I fast 16 hours and eat my calories in 8 hour window. It's have been very beneficial to my weight control, but I'm not sure how much it has been helping me doing Nofap.
    One theory is that when you're hungry, your brain concentrates solely on finding food and not procreating (aka. making babies), so in this light fasting might be hugely beneficial also for abstaining from masturbation.

All in all... For losing weight and keeping it off, intermittent fasting is my weapon of choice.