1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I keep having these bad dreams

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Does anyone else get dreams where you can’t move or talk? I keep getting these dreams where I’m curled up on the floor and just paralyzed. I’m trying my best to scream or run but I can’t move at all. It felt like there was a demon holding me down.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  2. I haven't had any, but the symptoms you mentioned sound like what people list for sleep paralysis.

SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Is that sleep paralysis? Not sure if you know about that or not, because I've had that plenty of times.

4. Just googled that term and yup that’s what it seems to be. Thank god this isn’t that serious lol I was tripping tf out. I was trying my best to scream or run but I couldn’t move. It was all in my dream but it felt so real. I don’t know how to really explain it but it was super terrifying.

5. That happens to me a lot. It's terrible. Super terrifying. I have a lot of crazy, demonic, scary dreams, coupled with sleep paralysis. It's really annoying and scary.

But on the plus side, I also have super amazing, vivid good dreams all the time as well.

6. What’s the treatment for sleep paralysis?

And I can’t remember the last time I had a good vivid dream.. unless wet dreams count lol

7. You can with practice turn sleep paralysis into lucid dreaming, or that astray projection thing I've read from people. I don't get SP that often anymore so I'm not able to try anything.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  8. Treatment

Treatment of sleep paralysis is aimed at whatever causes it to occur. Sleep deprivation may trigger sleep paralysis. In this case, try to get at least six to eight hours of sleep per night. People with psychiatric problems may suffer from sleep paralysis. An example is someone who has bipolar disorder. This person would need ongoing treatment with medication. This would be overseen by a physician or psychiatrist. You may notice sleep paralysis occurring with leg cramps. It may also happen after a change in your medicines. Discuss these issues with your doctor.

People with narcolepsy often have sleep paralysis. They normally need an antidepressant medication to reduce or eliminate dream sleep. This will help to ease the sleep paralysis. Taking an antidepressant drug does not mean that you are depressed. It is simply a method to help reduce sleep paralysis.

http://www.sleepeducation.org/sleep...rasomnias/sleep-paralysis/diagnosis-treatment

9. todaysresolution

todaysresolution Fapstronaut

yes and when i say Jesus help immediately it ends
    im not kidding

pray this before bed

Dear God please keep evil and sin away from me and me away from sin and evil and help me not to have any night terrors or anything like that, help me have good dreams please, in Jesus Christ Yeshuas name, amen

and cast out demons and make it clear this house is under Yeshua. fallen angels and evil spirits have no place here.

btw i noticed if im laying on my back i get sleep paralysis
    ive heard if you are sleeping in an unnatural way than usual it can cause that

10. iRebootMyself

iRebootMyself Fapstronaut

Actually i get them a lot and i got used to it, it happens because your brain is awake but your body isn't because you dont have the control yet, it needs time to regain controlling of your body.
    When you get this type of dreams, you cant fight it, just let it take its time and don't be afraid to experience it because it's not real yet it feels like it, then try to move your fingers, then your toes, then your eyes "if you see things just don't be afraid and stay calm",feel your body and you will wake up quickly, stay up for 5 mins then go to sleep again.
    Those type of dreams suck, it's the worst feeling ever but you got this.

11. iRebootMyself

iRebootMyself Fapstronaut

Do you feel like your body is producing vibrations ?

12. Haha I mean... wet dreams are probably pretty good and vivid, so I guess that counts. :p and Idk what the treatment is. I've never done anything to try to treat it. It doesn't happen to me super often, but every once in a while.

I'm super interested in lucid dreaming. I've definitely experienced it a few times. Sometimes it's really terrifying, but other times it can be fun if you're in control.

A lot of times my sleep paralysis with turn lucid, but that doesn't make it less scary. In fact it almost feels worse, to me. I remember this one time I was totally conscious of the fact that I was having a terrifying dream and that I couldn't move or speak in reality, or do anything to stop it. I even kept dreaming that I would wake up and go get my husband and tell him about the dream, and then he would turn into a demon or soemthing like that, and it would all start over again. So I was lucid, but not in control. I knew I was dreaming and was trying to wake myself up so I could get up and get my husband, but I couldn't.

Amen! I pray that often. I have issues sometimes with anxiety at night. I start getting all anxious about someone breaking into the house or about demonic stuff, often right when I'm going to bed. I just strongly feel the spiritual battle sometimes at that time.

13. is sleep paralysis different from lucid dreaming?

14. Honestly, though, looking into lucid dreaming might be a good idea. If you can gain control of your dreams when that's happening, it can be super fun! Because like @iRebootMyself said, your brain is awake but your body is still in the paralysis of heavy sleep. So if you can turn that lucidity into control, you can have a lot of fun with your dreams. There's a cool video on the Andy Warski YouTube channel about lucid dreaming that got me really interested in it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. I think it depends on your definition. Some people think lucid dreaming means you're in control of your dreams. But "lucid" really just means "aware." So it's when you're aware that you are dreaming. Sometimes that turns into being able to control your dream, and sometimes it doesn't.

Everyone's bodies experience "sleep paralysis." It's a natural part of the sleep cycle, when you're in heavy sleep, so you don't move around and sleep walk and such. Your body sort of goes into a paralyzed state. What you're talking about are the moments in which you are aware of that state while it's happening. So I would say, that probably means that your body is in that part of the sleep cycle, but your brain is alert and aware that you're dreaming. Which is technically lucid dreaming, I would say.

Kenzi likes this.
  16. I’ll most defiantly pray that! Thank you. I do sleep awkwardly sometimes so I’ll keep that in mind and make changes.
    I don’t know tbh.

Now that I’m aware of sleep paralysis I’ll try not to freak out if it happens again lol

I’m going to look into this if this continues to happen. Thank you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. No problem mate, most people that suffer sleep paralysis try to turn it into something positive. And one of the best ways is lucid dreaming as you can then control your environment and such, if I was able to I'd love to do that!

18. todaysresolution

astral projection and stuff is demonic do not do it

19. That's up for debate and personal opinion, there's no proof and only what people have experienced from it. How about don't scare him from doing it?

20. todaysresolution

its safer to be afraid of something potentially satanic than tell him to just do whatever