1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help with texting girls

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MotivationWarrior, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Hello people. I came for once again to the conclusion that texting to girls that I like is my achille's heel. I go along with the messages of "heyy" "how are you" "how's school". For the past 2-3 years I have been learning from the internet how to have good conversations but still I will mess up with the girls I like. So recently I learned that no matter how many years you learn these things, if you don't change your subconsious mind you will never be able to trigger attraction through messages. Also I read that you must switch your thinking to "what emotions I have to cause" and not "what I have to write". Sadly I have been thinking with the second way and I am trying to change it now. I don't know why I have ended up in this very "friendly" approach that doesn't cause any suspense in a conversation. But I want your help based on your experience with texting and give me examples. All the articles that may help me, in order to download their PDF files with instructions COST!!! Thank you understanding me:emoji_hugging:

2. If you don't express your emotions and you end up confronting blockages, it's because yes, there are things in your subconscious that prevent you from communicating what you want to a woman you like. You don't have to focus on text messages. Because these blocks are deeper than that.

Ask yourself if you are afraid of being rejected. Because this way of talking to women often stems from a fear of being rejected. (I want to play it safe and act as a friend because I'm afraid of taking risks and losing her)
    If you are afraid of rejection, don't avoid rejection. Accept it, embrace it. seek it out. compliment them, overcome fear, express how you feel without expecting anything in return. Because you're complete, you don't need women to be happy. You need to love yourself before wanting to have more (more relationships, sex...)
    When you don't care about women's reactions because you are aware of your value, that's when you can express yourself fully.

And for that, you have to get rejected. Not once, not 10 times, not 100 times. Much more than that.

It has nothing to do with text messages. Put yourself out there :)
    Don't chase validation and approval. You also have the right to say no and go away without saying a word if you feel the need to.

Also ask yourself : Do you consifer yourself as a boy, or as a man ? Do you see women as women or as girls ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2021
  3. Thanks for your reply, I will try the things you said. It a little bit truth for me I believe that subconciously I don't want to lose her so I act friendly and end up become boring or her text buddy. And yes I want to consider my self as a man. That I am mature enough to create attraction.

The Highlight likes this.
  4. Da Werd

Da Werd Fapstronaut

Man, I also find texting to be super-awkward way to make a connection. I don't think it's just you, or that there is something "wrong with you". It's just a difficult medium to flirt in. Real communication happens with chemistry, pheromones, glances, body language, etc.

And do you think you can force maturity upon yourself, by sheer force of will? Maturity comes with experience and time and trial and error. Why be afraid of being young and silly? Because, face it, we all have to go through that. An inexperienced person acting like they're experienced is not fooling anybody.

5. 1 phone call = 1,000 text messages.
    1 in-person date = 10,000 text messages

Start investing in real relationships instead of digital

6. There is a girl that I like and I was trying to approach her in person and I was doing great but when I told her to go out together at a weekend, the stupid lockdown appeared and then I had to adapt to my old habits of not knowing how to text.

The Highlight and exsoldier like this.
  7. At least phone call instead of text. You can explore a relationship regardless of the lockdown. Don't settle for worthless communication.

8. Thanks for the advice! Schools will probably open in two weeks so I will try to approach from there. I believe phone numbers is still something early with her.

exsoldier and The Highlight like this.