1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need some career advice: IT and marketing, "corporate ladder" based

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by loneloan, Sep 25, 2023.

1. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

Hello. I have started working in Marketing and Publicity ,as well as doing school ESL tutoring as a side job (minor but useful source of income). I have a mix of options can have to really sort out and decide which to choose:
    I can go to a university, which is public (almost free, very small monthly payment) and get a 4-year degree in Public Relations. OR( or later) I can go to a national technology institute. my goals and dreams are to learn A.I. programming and use, 3D printing and cyber-security.
    In what order do I do all this? Can I achieve all, and be getting good jobs, all within 10 years? In 2024 I will study Data, Copyright, and whatever else, I can.

2. GatoSan

GatoSan Fapstronaut

I mean you can, though A.I. programming you must have good level of math and I would suggest then to be math major than anything else.
    To get entry level IT jobs, you would most likely need to grind certificates and literally do CompTIA in a row and then start IT entry level jobs like Help Desk to have chance or just grind on Github like crazy and make projects and overall get good at programming.

My main goal myself is Cybersecurity and I know path, but it might take itself 4-5 years, as if you want to do Cybersecurity you must become good at programming, good at computer networking and good exploiting stuff and finding issues that can be exploited.

More like
    >Helpdesk
    >Network Engineer/Dev
    >Cybersecurity

Edit: You might need to go trough multiple roles to get into Cybersecurity, unless you be already good at CTF and then compete and win first place and then company offers you an job.

loneloan likes this.
  3. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

Second options seems a little better and something what you really want. I had a well paid job for many years , but was so tired of the office job and 9 hour working day, so decided to change it all.Now i am a freelancer and can work from everywhere in the world i like. Sometimes we I need to use 905 area code and solve that easily with the clerk chat.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  4. scroowas

scroowas Fapstronaut

After you've established yourself in marketing, you can then explore your passion for IT. Enrolling in a national technology institute for AI programming, 3D printing, and cyber-security is a fantastic move. These skills are in high demand, and learning them can open doors to exciting job opportunities.
    As for the timeline, it's certainly possible to achieve all this within 10 years. Your 2024 plan to study Data, Copyright, and more is a step in the right direction. Just remember to stay motivated, keep learning, and adapt to the ever-evolving tech landscape.
    If you ever need specific advice on IT-related topics like AI or cybersecurity, feel free to ask. And don't forget to check out resources like Magento PaaS if you want to explore the tech side of things.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  5. Linerider

Linerider Fapstronaut

Interesting. I'm also learning programming. But it's a little demotivating when one gets something wrong or rathet can not come up with a solution for a problem like let's say on codingbat.
    It makes sense when I see the solution. But it's like I have to memorize every solution. Would you say that's normal?

6. RaymondBrown

RaymondBrown Fapstronaut

Feeling demotivated when you hit a coding roadblock is totally normal. Trust me, everyone's been there! The thing is, coding is all about problem-solving, and sometimes it's a bit like cracking a secret code. Don't stress too much about memorizing every solution; it's more about understanding the logic and the process.

It's like they say, in both IT and marketing, you need to have a Good Sense of Balance—finding the equilibrium between learning, problem-solving, and, of course, a bit of trial and error!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  7. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Do the four year run first then the light jog , I