Inguinal Hernia Advice

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by White Wyvern, Sep 28, 2020.

1. White Wyvern

White Wyvern Fapstronaut

Hi everyone. I'm a 34 year old male who has recently been diagnosed with small bilateral inguinal hernias. As a nofapper this us very depressing as weight training and running have proven essential to my self esteem and recovery. With covid it's likely I'll have to wait a long time until surgery is available

Fortunately my doctor has given me the all clear to do upper body exercises. I have been cautiously doing a four day push pull split omitting exercises if I feel them putting strain on my groin. I'm also trying not to lift too heavy, focussing on form and reps.

Could anybody offer any further tips and advice? I'm particularly interested in any low impact cardio, core and leg exercises. I've looked online but there's really not much info. Any tips or personal stories would be much appreciated.

2. BKSN

BKSN Fapstronaut

Hi,

did you do the surgery. Please update us. I have a hernia at my right side.

3. Hello,
    As long as your doctor said you're all cleared, I think you should continue your routine like normal. I just bought a new road bike and I know it's doing a lot of good for my health, but I'm fighting to keep myself from falling into the routine of taking the bus everyday. Just offering a little encouragement. Hopeful things will work out for you.