1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction & Journal

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Thank you so much, ANSE, for your words of encouragement. Your spirit of hope is contagious! God indeed will never abandon us. Even if we should abandon Him for a while, like a divine hound He is ever in pursuit until we find our peace with him...

Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll find here a place of support in the ups and downs of recovery. There is a lot of practical wisdom here.

Would it be possible to simply call me Joseph moving forward? I am here simply as a man who is seeking help and who wishes to support others on this challenging path. To call me Father might give the impression to others I am here in a ministerial capacity or providing spiritual direction, which is not the case. I appreciate the piety though! Please keep me in your prayers.

Onward unto God!
    Pax

Joseph

2. I wanted to check in that yesterday I went to confession for the first time over a year. I give thanks to God for His mercy and patience. To think that the recreation of the life of grace in a soul through confession is a greater thing than even the creation of the world! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jesus.

As mentioned, in the past, having peace has served as a springboard into acting out. Today I promise to abstain from PMO. Tomorrow is another day.

Now onward unto God!
    Pax

Joseph

zero0 and Keli like this.
  3. ANSE

ANSE Fapstronaut

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for welcoming me. I'm trying to be perseverant in engaging with NoFap. I created an account around April but left it for two months, give or take.

Be confident that I'll call you Joseph in the future. Also, I'm glad to hear that you've confessed yesterday!

God Bless!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    zero0 and Keli like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Fantastic! You are on the right path.

ANSE likes this.