1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Desperateguy, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Desperateguy

Desperateguy New Fapstronaut

Hey guy I am new here. I am a 18 year old with great ambitions but I am trapped in this PMO cycle and I regret after every PMO that I could use that time to do more productive things. So if you guy can share some practical tips that I can apply in my daily routine to avoid PMO. Tips that you apply when you were at the brink of doing PMO.

Jerry120 likes this.
  2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Hey, forget "at the brink" for a moment. You need to tackle this in a more organized fashion. Go and create a battle plan. Ask yourself: What triggers you? What can be done to avoid those triggers? Are you using your time wisely or lounging around all day doing nothing? Are you really fully committed to this? Do you have a strong enough reason to motivate you? Are you merely hoping to control yourself from PMOing or are you doing practical things about it like thought control & not touching yourself?
    And now for a practical, at the brink tip: The 10-minute rule: Whenever you have urges, instead of telling yourself "No", tell yourself "Yes, but in 10 minutes." Then, before the time is up, remind yourself why you started rebooting in the first place, how much better your life will be if you don't relapse, how much happier you'll be, etc.
    Good luck!

drac16 and Desperateguy like this.
  3. Desperateguy

Desperateguy New Fapstronaut

Hey thanks a lot I will try my best

Hros likes this.
  4. Jerry120

Jerry120 Fapstronaut

Welcome to the website bud!

This journey is a hard one! A long one! Keep your head up and you will get there! You will get where you want to be. I would say start by reading about the addiction. Watch the YouTube videos. They help a lot. You will also have to take some drastic steps like reducing your cellphone usage. It is a tough journey but really worth it.

Good luck!

5. Aware

Aware Fapstronaut

Hello,

I promise you can get thru this but you first must educate your self.

cross post from post I just made in another thread from another young adult. His post/situation was pretty much the same as yours.