1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Uncontrolled Sexual Desire a Symptom of a Subconscious Identification with Power/Control?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Hermetic Viatori, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Hermetic Viatori

Hermetic Viatori New Fapstronaut

I've been on this road a long time. I've started making attempts to stop this degenerate habit during my teenage years. I'm 28 now. I've read spiritual books, self-help books, watched lots of the nofap you-tube videos and have read the forums on this website/reddit over the years. They've all provided wonderful eye opening insights and practical applications to stop pmo(thank you for your contribution if you're reading). I've been meditating on a weekly to daily (3-4 times a week average) for the past 6 years. I've spent many meditations reflecting on my addiction to pmo. I've gained many revelation like insights into my own addiction over the years.

But here I am, in the shambles of my own defeat once again. I've just finished a masturbation binge session. In the middle of this binge I searched the inter-webs, "how to stop a masturbation-binge". I couldn't find anything that specific, or I suppose that's what the "panic" button is for? I instead came across articles about binge eating. This was't completely irrelevant information since last night after work I went to the grocery store and picked up a bag of hot fried chicken(next to the rotisserie chickens), cheezits, cookies, and some healthy stuff for salad. By the end of my masturbation binge (less than 24 hours later) the cheezits, cookies and fried chicken were all gone. I still have some stuff to make a salad. The last of the friend chicken I ate cold in between orgasms this morning. The air smells of lust, chicken grease, and dust. You may know the smell. It's time to open the windows, do some laundry, start spring cleaning, light some incense and turn this hell of a home into a temple once again. I've been here before though; this place of starting over. But I think I'm finally realizing I can't do this alone which has lead here to be an active participant in the nofap community. One of my biggest if not the biggest problems outside of my issue with masturbation exclusively is my addiction or identification* with control or power over myself and the little world I live in. Joining this community is already a personal win because the very act of joining is a surrender to that fact that I can't do this myself. I'm addicted to idea of controlling my destiny, to being the master of my own sea of life. This highly popular psychological complex has gotten me no where. I'm not attacking self-help content but merely my own interpretation of it. You may think this identification with control/power of oneself isn't related to sexual desire. I never saw the connection until recently. I do have "conventional" heterosexual male tendencies and normal sexual attraction, but I also have an extremely deep powerful addiction to the world of BDSM. I started masturbating when I was about 5 years old, and most of my orgasms since then were from a BDSM perspective, whether I was dominate or submissive in the fantasy. Clearly there's a connection. I've only begun to understand this connection recently and interestingly I've have one of the worst streaks of pmo binges in my life. It's like I've finally gotten the real demon in my cross hairs and it's retaliated with a full-scale attack. The need to implement countermeasures is urgent despite being in this game a long time. My understanding of this connection between my sexual desires and the personal problem with control that have plagued my life is still very vague but I hope to continue to understand these aspects of myself and hear other people's thoughts about this and other nofap related topics on my current road to recovery. Thank you.

lvcas likes this.
  2. Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your story.