1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 11, 2017.

1. It was definitely not uncalled for. He does this to me all the time, on multiple threads, and they are far from compliments. Idk what this guys problem is, because I've literally never said a word to him, and he just decides to insult me all the time out of nowhere. In another thread he basically said I look like a man. So yeah. Idk what his problem is. Just likes to annoy people for no reason.

But whatever, people like that just want attention, so I'm done giving it to him.

2. Good question! I'm trying to think....

There is one scene where the boys and one girl are in their underwear, swimming together, and the boys are naturally distracted by looking at the girl a lot. They're all very young though, so unless anyone has issues with pedophilia, you should be fine.

One of the boys makes a lot of sexual jokes about one of the other boys mother. Just your basic "that's not what your mom said last night" kind of thing.

Aside from that, I can't really think of anything. It's not really a sexual movie in any way... mostly just scary and funny, and a little bit heart warming.

Son of a Bitch likes this.
  3. That's awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) I totally agree, I think it was a really well made film. Like I said in my post, I don't really remember the original, because I was pretty young when I watched it and I didn't watch all of it, so I can't really say if it's as good or better or worse, but I think it was just a really good movie, on its own. I think a lot of people who critique it are probably a little biased because it's a remake, which is understandable. I usually try to just judge a film on its own, rather than comparing it so much, but it's hard to do that if you're really really into the original.

4. You can also google "IT 2017 IMDB Parental Guide". They usually are pretty up to date with movies.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1396484/parentalguide/nudity

In the future if you ever want to know the content just google "movie title + IMDB parental guide".

5. I usually use a site called pluggedin.com for parental reviews. They're incredibly thorough, however they're also pretty dang strict, and often mention things that I wouldn't personallt consider to be sexual at all. (Like for the children's movie Enchanted, they said that the main woman makes a reference to female masturbation because she said the shower was nice....) So you have to take everything with a grain of salt on that site, but they have very thorough reviews.

6. One more thing... might be a bit of a spoiler, if anyone reading doesn't want to know anything about the movie...

There's a definite assumption that the main girl, Beverely, is being sexual abused by her father. Nothing is ever shown, but he is pretty creepy, stroking her hair and stuff like that, asking her if she's still "his" and the like. I don't really consider that triggering, because nothing is shown, but to some it might be, so I thought I should mention it.

7. Thanks @CassTeaElle. I've bookmarked that site as well.

8. No prob! I like that they also have a Spiritual section, since it's a Christian site. A lot of religious people might not want to watch a movie that bashes God a lot or something like that, but most sites don't really cover that stuff.

9. Very true. Sometimes IMDb will put blasphemy in the profanity section, but it's been a hit or miss with them, so I get what you mean.

10. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

I've only seen the Georgie scene and I thought it was awful. The cinematography is terrible, the CGI too and the dialougue seems to be too but can't say because it was edited.

11. Devorian

Devorian Fapstronaut

So I watched It 9/10 and loved the movie I have seen the original and read the book, in fact rereading the book now. But though there were a few noticeable differences between the book and the film were there it is understandable given the years the book was written verses now. The movie had a true creepy feeling which was good since Stephen king did not focus on jump scares but true fear

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. I liked insidious, although I wasn't that impressed with the end. Still have to check out silent hill. That movie I was talking about was actually called "The Strangers" and apparently was based on true events.

13. Oh, really, The Strangers? I'm sorry, I don't mean any offense, but I thought that movie was really lame. The acting was awful, and it had every cliche in the book. Like how she literally couldn't walk two steps in any direction without bumping into something or knocking something off the wall and making noise of some kind. I kind of laughed my way through what whole movie, to be honest. Lol but hey, to each his own. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :p I was really disappointed, because masked people are one of my biggest fears in horror movies, so I really thought it would be right up my alley. I still haven't gotten the guts to watch the Halloween movies or Friday the 13th, but I'm sure I can probably handle them now.

14. PastaTherapy

PastaTherapy Fapstronaut

I loved IT. They made some changes from the book near the end that at first gave me pause, but incorporating all that stuff about the Turtle and the deadlights was probably too confusing to cram into the last 10 minutes of a movie. King devotes like 50 pages to that stuff in the book and it's still a lot to absorb. Anyway, they really nailed the relationships between the characters, and that's what really matters. All the kids in the Loser's Club did a great job. And Bill Skarsgard made an outstanding Pennywise. That first scene with Georgie was spot-on. 9/10 from me.

15. Haha..I hear you. Like you said, to each there own. The way I see it, you're not gonna see many best actor/actress awards being handed out when it comes to horror. It's the element of surprise for me. If I can get spooked a couple times, it's a success to me. If I want to see a good movie, I'm prolly gonna skip the horror films and go for another genre. You should definitely watch Friday the 13th and Halloween tho.. They're pure entertainment, even if you don't find them all that scary.

16. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

What a sad loser to do that.

Just put the creep on Ignore. I've already had to do it with another obvious troll. The Ignore option here works perfectly. Then problem solved.

Plus ignoring trolls drives them nuts.

17. Oh, yeah, I totally agree with that. I don't really care much about high quality when I just wanna be scared, but it's a major plus when it does happen. My man and I had lots of fun laughing at that movie though, so it was entertaining in a different way. ;)

I was thinking about IT again today, and I sealed something interesting....

A lot of times, with certain scary movies, I can be really scared, adrenaline pumping, hiding behind my hands, curled up in a ball, muttering a constant stream of "no no no no no no no" under my breath... But then when it's over, I often look back the next day and think "eh, that movie wasn't really that scary." But with IT, it's kind of the opposite for me. I wasn't really that frightened, like with my heart beating out of my chest, but looking back, I think "wow, that's actually a really scary movie, I can see why people would say it's one if the scariest movies they've seen."

Anyway, I have no idea if any of that is at all relatable or if I'm just weird. Lol but I was mulling over that at work today.

18. I prefer the satisfaction of seeing what they say and still choosing to ignore them ;)

Plutonium likes this.
  19. If that movie is considered bad cinematography and CGI, then I'd say we consumers are pretty dang spoiled.

20. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

How?