1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Anyone see the new It remake? Thoughts?

I saw it today. I really enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of Stranger Things, which is funny considering one of the kids from that show is in this movie as well.

I heard a lot of people didn't like it, but I really can't imagine why, unless they just didn't know what kind of movie it was an were expecting it to be super scary. I wasn't really expecting that, so I enjoyed it a lot. I haven't seen all of the original, though, to be fair, and the parts that I have seen, I barely remember.

frogg05, Taylor25 and Doc Lolliday like this.
  2. IT was good, people next to me in the theatre loved the kid making perverted jokes but I wanted him to die. 9/10 for me.

Doc Lolliday and Deleted Account like this.
  3. I haven't seen IT yet, but I'm unsure I'll like it given my biased in thinking no one can surpass Tim Curry.

LesPauline and Doc Lolliday like this.
  4. Yeah, that was the only part of the movie that bugged me. Seemed pretty pointless and most of those jokes weren't funny, in my opinion. I also get a little irked when they have kids dropping the F bomb 24/7. If those kids aren't even old enough to see a rated R movie because there are too many F words, then why is it okay to have them say those words on screen, enough to make the movie rated R? Lol it doesn't bother me all that much, but it seems a little backwards.

Tim Curry is pretty fantastic, that's for sure.

6. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I heard it's Super controversial... Yet really close to the book.
    I'm excited to see it

7. Just heard on the radio today that it is really scary and there were reports of heart attacks in theaters.

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  8. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I saw it, I thought it was pretty good. I loved the opening scene when they went into more gore detail than the first movie.

Taylor25 and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Lol wow, that's crazy. I thought it was scary, but as someone who watches horror movies on the reg, I wasn't really that freaked out by it.

Kenzi likes this.
  10. Yeah..I'm a little surprised myself. I watch all the hyped up horror movies and haven't been really freaked out by any since "The Ring". There was another one with Liv Tyler that was creepy too. I think it was called "The Visitors". I'm not sure tho..

11. I didn't see it yet but I also thought it was supposed to be super scary? Like demonic scary lol But I did see this and thought it was funny.
    IMG_5284.JPG

12. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

It, looks dumb [to me].

13. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

That's hilarious...

How did they say "IT" would end their careers? Are there so many 5-year olds going to the cinema to see it?

14. Dude you are starting to scare me. And you have not done that, ever.

15. Well it was highly acclaimed among both critics and horror freaks alike.

So you are in the minority.

And as good as this one was, it simply does not beat the original, no offense. Remakes are not usually this well done.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Ironically, I watched neither movies. I just think movies and shows that are over exaggeratedly fictitious are dumb to me. The only exception is movies and shows that are based on a true story.

17. LOL, that's what I'm saying. Well here's the video aha

18. Their careers were fucked from the beginning since all clowns just look like the tweaker version of mimes, and everyone already hates mimes.

Doc Lolliday likes this.
  19. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

They do sorta look like mimes.

20. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Dude, those are some seriously unfunny clowns...

Watched all the way through and heard nothing approaching an argument as to why the film will hurt their careers. They even admit that Clown-phobia isn't a thing.

One of them reeled off a list of all the different clown types they represent. The obvious thought occurred - why not just add scary clown to the list. Kerching! Horses for courses...

Doc Lolliday likes this.