1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Another Journal

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. End it

End it Fapstronaut

Well, I lost my job on Tuesday. Not ideal for a recovering addict. Keeping myself busy, trying to figure out unemployment and some other things. Had an interview Tuesday as well that did go well, but they said they'd get back to me in a few weeks.

Tao Jones likes this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Sounds like you are making great progress! Be assured you are on the right path. Your childhood was surely a sad one, with many disappointments that you didn't create nor deserve. However, you are free to be a new person and you are making that person today - a whole person, free from sin and despair, wrapped in the loving arms of Our Lord and at peace.

Lust in all forms (P or otherwise) is a highly effective temptation to sin. However, it doesn't have a magical power of its own. It is merely another snare laid out by the devil. Fortunately, Christ is far stronger than the devil. Continue to make God a burgeoning part of your life and routinely seek His help in defending you from the evil one. May God bless you and your great work!

End it, XandeXIV and Tao Jones like this.
  3. End it

End it Fapstronaut

I've noticed since I've become unemployed I haven't dedicated specific time to God each day. Some times here and there, but not alot of time. Gonna reel this in before it gets out of hand fast. Just wanted to throw this in here.

Tao Jones likes this.
  4. End it

End it Fapstronaut

Side note, got a job offer few days back. My dilemma is, there's an opportunity with a guy with my church to be a power line guy. It'd be like 90k and they'd train me, but I'd have to double check the details. Nurse recruiter job offer I got would be 37k on a base and after a year their decent recruiters are making like 60k. I have no degree, so either one is great pay. I guess I should call the guy from my church and double check the details, but the risk with that is high and I think the hours can be weird.

5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I have been faced with many career decisions. I prayed for guidance and help with all of them. I was never struck by a blinding light showing me the way (not that this doesn't happen, it just didn't happen to me). However, in hindsight, they all worked out well even though the transition from one job to the other was almost always difficult and it required some real perseverance to adjust. In once case, it required 5 years of perseverance but ultimately it was a great decision. I conclude that despite any decision we may make, if we pray, God will make it work out.

XandeXIV and Tao Jones like this.
  6. XandeXIV

XandeXIV Fapstronaut

At your age finding the right job can be tough - I've seen many others in their early 20s struggle to find the right job, but in the end, they land in the right place. It's tough - we come out of education (whether that's degree-level or not) and we land in a world that only wants to recruit people with experience... but we don't have any! It takes time and perseverance to get there, and as CPilot said, we can take it to God in prayer and where we end up will be His will with our best interests in mind, even if we don't see it right away.

That said, I would encourage you to consider how weird hours may affect your battle with PMO. Is stress a trigger? If so, the less stressful work may be a safer option for you.

End it likes this.
  7. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

These are wise words. A very good discernment!

End it likes this.
  8. End it

End it Fapstronaut

Veen awhile since i've been here. Since losing my job I've done alright with my faith. I haven't been reading my bible much tbh, but i've been reading other Christian material, which has become apparent to me that doesn't take the place of scripture. Nor does prayer. I get to preach this sunday at church, which i am very grateful for because it has forced me back to my bible. I feel like my faith is still there alot, I pray daily still. Not as much as I did. I am afraid that I was walking on water with him and took my eyes off him. Nonetheless refocusing on him more and more. I must make him my God with my time. I do start my new job in just under two weeks. Praise him. I am very very excited.

I think my previous journals were in the thick of PAWS. It seems the light has returned to life itself. My ADHD with my problems has subsided as well, no longer new day new catastrophe that I gotta fix today. My longing for social media/entertainment has seemed to subside as well.

"if nothing changes, nothing changes" Gotta make God my priority before my walk with him and freedom tailspins

9. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Firmly in my mind today are these words from (NAB) Matt 22:37-38
    "He said to him, "You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment."

I expect we have all heard these words of our Precious Lord many, many times, and perhaps that is a reason I have failed to truly understand them. The word "all" is used here three times. Our Lord didn't say, love the Lord your God with part of your heart, part of your soul and part of your mind. He said "all". "All" is an unambiguous word but yet I didn't appreciate it as Jesus meant it.

When I willingly let a salacious image into my mind, I am giving a part of my mind to it. When I went even further and gave into PMO, I gave a part of my heart and soul to sin. I know now that Our Lord didn't give us these words for His sake or the Father's sake. Frankly, God doesn't need our love but we desperately need His and with these words Our Savior told us how feel and experience the benefits of the Father's love.

10. End it

End it Fapstronaut

Hey yall. Been awhile. Doing great still, I mainly use the discord server rather than this site. It's best for me to stay off the computer it seems. Yesterday was the milestone of 5 months clean. I've been 30 days ish clean of lustful glances. Prior to that, I had been good with that for a few months. But I gave into the game of tug of war that was happening with my eyes and it was not what I was looking for clearly, even in that moment. It felt like an off brand solution to whatever I may have been looking for. Per Tao's advice I've continued to ask why, when I feel the draw on my eyes. Which has made it significantly less often. I have no reason to look any longer, it will not fulfill what I want it to. It also brought back the lustful feeling, which immediately had pain come with it.

I started my new job which is in an office of 90% women which seems has put my feet to the fire with my eyes, which has been very good. I really enjoy it, but it can be crazy at times. I also bought a ring to propose next weekend to my girlfriend.

Life has not been stressless to say the least, but it has good. Praise the lord for freedom

XandeXIV, CPilot and Tao Jones like this.
  11. XandeXIV

XandeXIV Fapstronaut

Congratulations on the 5 month milestone. Excellent progress. Praise God!

CPilot likes this.