1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Keto diet and constipation

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Prochon, May 18, 2023.

1. Prochon

Prochon Fapstronaut

Throughout my weight loss journey, I've been able to lose a lot of weight thanks to a low-carb keto diet. I still have a few more kgs to go. However, whenever I go on a keto diet, I get horrible constipation, which makes me switch to carbs because it becomes unbearable.

Do you have any tips on how to deal with the constipation that comes with the keto diet?

2. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Keto cuts carbs severely and almost anything (fruits/veggies) with fiber has carbs.
    1. You can make all your carb intake consist of the highest fiber vegetable sources you can find.
    2. You can try psylium husk. It’s a common fiber supplement. I don’t think it has a lot of carbs. I take it when I’m backed up and it usually works.
    3. Try a supplement. Not sure what it was but my wife bought this stuff in a canister from a health food store. It looked, smelled and tasted like finely ground-up grass. Seriously. You mix it with a glass of water. It tasted fucking horrible but an hour later, I’d be shitting The Shit of All Time.

3. I should thank you. I was literally about to research the keto diet, and that "problem" of yours scared me straight.

Still, I know some green teas have a laxative effect to them, so you might want to try that. I use a brand called "Triple Leaf", though I can't guarantee if you'll have access to that. However, having struggled with this myself, plenty of water certainly helps.

4. bridges

bridges Fapstronaut

You need to take magnesium supplements.