1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lard is all i cook with now.

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by FormerLeatherneck, Aug 5, 2023.

1. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

No seed oils. Occasionally i will use beef tallow and even duck fat.

2. berylliumwages

berylliumwages Fapstronaut

Olive oil has a higher smoke point than lard. Plus lard is difficult to find without BHA and/or BHT. I can't get it minus those preservatives anywhere besides my local expensive hippie co-operative. Big chain grocery stores, forget about it.
    In lard's column, however, is a unique and good flavor profile. ("Smoky", perhaps?)
    Anyway, what's with the extremely online right and "seed oils"? It has been pretty well established that vegetable oils in general are bad, particularly for cardiovascular health, but then their subset of seed oils became a meme against which these people hissed and booed. My understanding is seed oils are mainly in the highly processed prepackaged stuff, but everybody already knew that was bad, right? So why the two minutes hate and purity spiraling against seed oils in the past couple of years?