1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Learning to code? Post here.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jun 20, 2020.

1. I'm working towards acceptance into a 13 week data science immersive. If I can pass the technical interview before September 5th I get 10% off the cost so that's what I'm going to do. I offer this thread for support, encouragement, the sharing of resources, and for the sake of my own sanity.

bakchod422 likes this.
  2. iwillwinthese

iwillwinthese Fapstronaut

is anyone here good in Q#.

3. I'm learning Python for data science, not familiar with Q#. Maybe this thread will gain traction though and someone will chime in.

battleready likes this.
  4. I completed a lesson on dictionaries yesterday. In general I am getting much better at using for loops and accumulators. I wrote a few programs (short programs) that came out exactly right on the first go. The logic of simple programs is getting easier for me to handle. Today I am starting with a lesson on sets.

5. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

I'm currently learning Javascript.

MixerAwersome likes this.
  6. battleready

battleready Fapstronaut

I'm currently learning Python! Zero experience so far!

7. Cronus97

Cronus97 New Fapstronaut

Thanks for your question, I'm also planning to learn programming but I don't have a personal computer, can I start with a smart phone.

8. I'm learning R and SAS for college and I will need to retain these skills for my future career. My next big project is Excel (technically not coding), and then whatever I need to learn after that.

9. smokeshade

smokeshade Fapstronaut

Just a heads up, HumbleBundle has a package for learning python going on right now. Thinking of getting it myself.

10. Glad this thread got some traction! I am getting comfortable with Python, but my skills are very limited. I am able to solve some coding challenges though. I am working out of John Zelle's "Python Programming, an Introduction to Computer Science". I have a satisfactory understanding of the first four chapters. Working through string methods right now.

11. Adub648

Adub648 Fapstronaut

I am trying to progress in the Odin Project when I can, so that I can have an understanding of code before later high school courses and uni

webdevil81 likes this.
  12. MixerAwersome

MixerAwersome Fapstronaut

I'm currently learning Cpp and core Java.
    I want to learn Python.

13. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

I'm doing the Javascript track on the odin project. Just coming towards the nd of Web 101 and really enjoying the course so far. Very hands on.

Adub648 likes this.
  14. MixerAwersome

which website do you use for learning JavaScript?

15. Adub648

Adub648 Fapstronaut

https://www.theodinproject.com/home

It's basically a self-taught curriculum to become a full-stack web developer. Fair warning though, they don't really do much of the teaching themselves it is more of an aggregate site that takes all of the different resources available online and merges them all into one curriculum.

webdevil81 likes this.
  16. MixerAwersome

Okay I'll check that out

webdevil81 likes this.
  17. MixerAwersome

Do I have to learn Core Java before JavaScript

18. Rolling from Vue to React, hi there.

19. webdevil81

webdevil81 Fapstronaut

I haven't, and I do not think in general. It all depends on what you are aiming for, I am having a change of career so I'm aiming to get a front end job in the next 6 months and work out from there.

I will use node.js on the backend because it will just be a continuation of my current learning.

By all means someone with more knowledge will be able to give you more of an idea where the Java comes into it, but to learn vanilla js all you really need is a basic understanding of HTML and CSS and you are good to go.

20. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

JavaScript has no relationship at all to Java. The name is simply a marketing ploy.