1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lunar Month Challenge Yourself

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 12ove, Feb 9, 2021.

1. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Lunar Month Challenge Yourself
    Hi all,

This is a self improvement challenge that will help you to delete aspects of your personality that you do not appreciate about yourself, and add things that will help you to become the person that you have always wanted to be.

The title of this group is "Lunar Month Challenge Yourself" because we will be trying to challenger ourselves by letting go of things like fapping for example during the waning phase of the moon (as it gets smaller, after a full moon.)
    -"Once the full moon arrives, the waning (decreasing) moon phase begins. As the moon wanes and the light starts to dwindle, we can begin to release what's no longer working for us. It's a great time to reflect on what you've built during the waxing phase while shedding anything that doesn't feel right. As the moon wanes, we can tie up any loose ends and say goodbye to what's not serving our own highest mission."

We will also be trying to start new things during the waxing moon, "As the moon waxes (increases toward full light), our energy builds and we collect information. The waxing moon means a forward-moving energy and momentum that's great for building things, working toward a goal, or bringing the first phases of a project to fruition."

For this challenge each month we will subtract something from our personalities or add something to them, and journal about it on our own or here (especially if we slipped up.)..do your best to stay in sync with the cycles.

My 2020 monthly adds or subtracted things for example (I wasn't in sync with the phases of the moon, I will try do that from now on)
    1-4. April: NO PMO/ Meditation Daily / take care of healthy hi-gene
    5. May: Stretch Daily
    6. June: Hike or physical activity daily
    7. July: Write Daily
    8. August: Work on fantasy sports daily
    9. No P subs unless earned on reward schedule for drinking less
    10. Yard Work / Snow Blown
    11. Do something artistic
    12. Make Sure Presents are purchased. review previous

Full Moon Date Native American Name Time of Full Moon
    January 28th Wolf Moon 2:16 PM
    February 27th Snow Moon 3:17 AM
    March 28th Worm Moon 2:48 PM
    April 26th Pink Moon 11:32 PM
    May 26th Flower Moon 7:14 AM
    June 24th Strawberry Moon 2:40 PM
    July 23rd Buck Moon 10:37 PM
    August 22nd Sturgeon Moon 8:02 AM
    September 20th Harvest Moon 7:55 PM
    October 20th Hunter’s Moon 10:57 AM
    November 19th Beaver Moon 3:57 AM
    December 18th Cold Moon 11:35 PM

Traditional full moon meanings:
    The full moon will carry a different energy depending on when in the year that it falls. Here's an introduction to what each month's moon signifies:

• Wolf Moon (January): Hang out with your own wolf pack and let out a collective howl!
    • Snow Moon (February): The snowiest moon. Don't hate—hibernate!
    • Worm Moon (March): On the final full moon of winter, the ground is getting softer and the snow begins to thaw. Decide what you want to leave behind as you prepare for spring.
    • Pink Moon (April): Named for the first pink flowers of spring, use this moon to charge your magical tools outside while connecting with nature.
    • Flower Moon (May): Everything's in bloom! Incorporate flowers and flower essences into your moon rituals.
    • Strawberry Moon (June): The first moon of summer and a lovely time to use warm tones, fruits, and sweetness in your rituals.
    • Buck Moon (July): Harness the energy of growth and strength. Think deer antlers.
    • Sturgeon Moon (August): On this moon, reflect on times in your life when you've surprised yourself with your strength.
    • Corn Moon (September): Celebrate agricultural fertility and feminine energy on this moon, also known as the Harvest Moon.
    • Hunter's Moon (October): Reflect on the summer months and set autumnal intentions.
    • Beaver Moon (November): Get in touch with your senses and ground in nature.
    • Cold Moon (December): As the final moon of the year, the cold moon is a time to rest, reset, and practice self-care as you reflect on the past 12 months

Info above and in quotes taken from:
    https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7531/full-moon-harness-the-energy-make-it-work-for-you.html

And in case you want to know what phase of the moon it is..or when the new moon is to add
    https://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/calendar#

2021 Full Moon New Moon https://www.moongiant.com/fullmoons/

Mine filled out as Example:
    2021 Full Moon New Moon https://www.moongiant.com/fullmoons/
    January »
    Jan 13, 202105:00 UTC (kegels)
    Jan 28, 2021 19:16 UTC (noPM)

February »
    Feb 11, 2021 19:05 UTC (doing something physically active each day)
    Feb 27, 2021 08:17 UTC (taking away alcohol, 2 beers a night or less)

March »
    [​IMG] Mar 13, 2021 10:21 UTC (work on adding to the love in each and every moment)
    [​IMG] Mar 28, 2021 18:48 UTC (stop ordering delivery..kind of already done this...spend less time on screens)

April »
    [​IMG] Apr 12, 2021 02:31 UTC (cook more often, try to eat plant based...garden or work in yard daily)
    [​IMG]Apr 27, 2021 03:31 UTC (Limit time thinking about fantasy sports. Try to not think about for weeks at a time.)

May »
    [​IMG] May 11, 2021 18:59 UTC going to start working out everyday. Need to get in better physical shape....I missed this goal in February...to not lose speed I will also be trying to improve my posture this month.
    [​IMG] May 26, 2021 11:13 UTC going to stop identifying with anything

June »
    [​IMG] Jun 10, 2021 10:52 UTC I have been on vacation, going to start stretching everyday
    [​IMG] Jun 24, 2021 18:39 UTC I am going to stop paying as much attention to cryptocurrency markets.
    July »
    [​IMG] Jul 10, 2021 01:16 UTC This will be the night of my gf's birthday where I live, and I think it will be important for me to start looking at her as my life partner...accepting the place she is at in her life and loving her as much as I can every moment we are together or apart....we are going to also start working on our project together every day.
    [​IMG] Jul 24, 2021 02:37 UTC Letting go of making excuses
    August »
    [​IMG] Aug 8, 2021 13:50 UTC Work on the story board for the website every day & network every day
    [​IMG] Aug 22, 2021 12:02 UTC stop eating fried foods as much

[​IMG]
    New Moon
    September 7
    00:51 UTC
    start working out your legs, build leg muscle

[​IMG]
    Full Moon
    September 20
    23:54 UTC
    stop prioritizing notifications on the phone

[​IMG]
    New Moon
    October 6
    11:05 UTC
    Start doing to-do lists

[​IMG]
    Full Moon
    October 20
    14:56 UTC stop picking my ears

[​IMG] Nov 15, 2020
    05:07 UTC

[​IMG] Nov 30, 2020
    09:30 UTC

[​IMG] Dec 14, 2020
    16:16 UTC

[​IMG] Dec 30, 2020
    03:28 UTC

+ kegels
    + doing something physically active each day
    +work on adding to the love in each and every moment
    +cook more often, try to eat plant based
    +garden or work in yard daily
    +improve my posture
    +start stretching everyday (13 minutes)
    +work on the website every day
    +workout legs if not sore
    +start writing (55 minutes)

- No PM
    -taking away alcohol, 2 beers a night or less
    -stop ordering delivery
    -spend less time on screens
    -Limit time thinking about fantasy sports.
    -stop identifying with anything
    -stop looking at the cryptocurrency markets as often
    -Letting go of making excuses
    -stop prioritizing notifications on the phone

I'll have to come back and fill out the rest, but as you can see last year I was unable to fully incorporate new things into my personality. I will try again on some of those, and double down on the first several months to make up for last year's slack. You all do not need to have two things, feel free to just choose one thing to work on each month.

There is a 20 image limit so I will be back in the spring to update the list.

I leave you in Love and Light and hope you have a happy journey,
    12ove

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  2. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

So far so good, I am feeling really good about this challenge.

Tomorrow is a new moon, and I will begin to start ramping up my physical activity levels. I have a ski trip coming up next week, and I am hoping I can get some leg strength and flexibility before then. The ski trip will be a great time to continue the physical activity, on my days off I can try to stretch it out. I am sure I will be very sore. Two weeks from now, i'll be in much better shape than I am today. This will help me to be able to meditate for longer, and feel more healthy overall.

Anyone is free to join if they want to, and today is a great day to join, because a new phase of the moon starts tomorrow!

3. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

The New Moon, and snowiest moon of the year! I have started to gain muscle, and workout or do something physically active. Today I can kind of feel those muscles growing.

Still doing good with kegels, and increasing my pelvic floor muscles.

Still doing well with no PM and letting go of that bad habit.

Anyone is free to join if they want to, and today is a great day to join, because a new phase of the moon just started a couple of hours ago.

4. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Been doing little exercises to gain muscle over the last week and a half...was sore for 3 days, so at least 3 days of building solid.

Kind of been slipping up with the Wolf Moon, so I will try to get back on the kegel train.

Still plenty of time to join in before the Full Moon on the 27th!

5. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

January » [​IMG] Jan 28, 2021 19:16 UTC (noPM) Have been doing this but have had better runs, so i need to dedicate myself fully to no psubs for a while.
    [​IMG] Jan 13, 202105:00 UTC (kegels) Been doing this up to 7 seconds x3 sets x 3 times a day..but need to try to at least do this five times a week again like I was when I first started.

February » [​IMG] Feb 27, 2021 08:17 UTC (taking away alcohol, 2 beers a night or less)
    [​IMG] Feb 11, 2021 19:05 UTC (doing something physically active each day) I am pretty sore from a workout I did about 40 hours ago. Working on Legs hard to get ready for the ski trip. I will stretch today.

Today I wanted to have three beers, but I am going to have two...and I really hope that I can continue that. Hopefully in month or so I will be ready to drop that down.

Going to also take away p subs from my life today for the lunar month.

Normally now is the time of the lunar month that we will want to save all of the energy that we have. Make sure not to fap, or even think about fapping! To help keep more energy I will ingest less alcohol this month.

• Happy Snow Moon (February): The snowiest moon

6. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Trying to do my best to only drink two beers or less..but last night decided to let experience win out..a bunch of live music on YouTube it was great.

Going to do kegels now, and stairs later....still doing well with no p subs but I had some urges today.

7. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

made it a few days without slipping up on the 2 beers a night...last night I gave in because I was having a very long conversation with a friend that bores me on the phone...that is not a very good excuse but progress is progress.

Plenty of time to get in before the March 13th new moon.

8. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

3 beers again yesterday...feel bad but I went out to happy hour with my gf so it is kind of not something to feel bad about.

One week until the new moon. Plenty of time to get in.

9. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Great week on the NoFap front
    Decent kegel week, going for a better one this week

Doing much better with physical activity..pretty much daily if not sore.
    3 beers again Saturday and Sunday...guess the weekend is a trigger for me still..excuses are not good and they will be everywhere I really got to try to get to 1 or 2..will do my best tonight to do that.

10. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Great night with only two beers last night. Going to do my second set of kegels now...maybe some squats later!

Nofap!

11. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

well adding love to every moment is very difficult...I have missed the mark several times already..most notably once with my gf and once with my dad....once in a lunch situation...today i have been doing well in that area.

I have been doing better with physical activities but have been letting the kegel exercieses slip.

I have done a very good job with no PM but have been letting the beer drinking go over the past week or so.

Still plenty of time to add something to your personality before the full moon on the 28th...cultivating energy now....on a nice hard mode streak

12. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

ok my gf messed up her back, and we haven't been cooking much so I am very greatful tomorrow is the full moon. Time to start cooking, and cutting out wasted money and unhealthy delivery meals.

Still time to get in before the full moon, "Once the full moon arrives, the waning (decreasing) moon phase begins. As the moon wanes and the light starts to dwindle, we can begin to release what's no longer working for us. It's a great time to reflect on what you've built during the waxing phase while shedding anything that doesn't feel right. As the moon wanes, we can tie up any loose ends and say goodbye to what's not serving our own highest mission."

Come join the Lunar month: WE ARE ONE challenge!

13. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

[​IMG] Mar 28, 2021 18:48 UTC (stop ordering delivery, spend less time on screens, stop spending so time on NBA top shot)
    -"Once the full moon arrives, the waning (decreasing) moon phase begins. As the moon wanes and the light starts to dwindle, we can begin to release what's no longer working for us. It's a great time to reflect on what you've built during the waxing phase while shedding anything that doesn't feel right. As the moon wanes, we can tie up any loose ends and say goodbye to what's not serving our own highest mission."

I have three things that I want to leave behind me for this full moon shedding.

I have been spending too much time and energy on NBA top shot..it's awesome and could make tons of money, but that is not what I want to focus on for my life. During this waning phase I will try to decrease the amount of time I spend on top shot, and all other forms of screens.

I also want to stop ordering delivery as much ....I was doing very well with this up until several weeks ago. My gf hurt her back and we have decided to let the cooking slip a little bit...but we didn't order yesterday.

Still plenty of time for you all to get in on the full moon shedding.

14. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Have been doing really well with NoPM, have a full month under my belt..going for more...going to try and ramp up the Kegels, but I have seen some big time improvements in my pelvic floor muscles..

February » [​IMG] Feb 27, 2021 08:17 UTC (taking away alcohol, 2 beers a night or less)
    [​IMG] Feb 11, 2021 19:05 UTC (doing something physically active each day) I am pretty sore from a workout I did about 40 hours ago. Working on Legs hard to get ready for the ski trip. I will stretch today.

These things I have let slip tbh, but I will do my best to get back to them from this moment forward.

March » [​IMG] Mar 28, 2021 18:48 UTC (stop ordering delivery..kind of already done this...spend less time on screens)
    [​IMG] Mar 13, 2021 10:21 UTC (work on adding to the love in each and every moment)

I have been good at adding love to every moment, but I have had a couple of days that I slipped up...I have been doing very well not ordering delivery in comparison to how my life was before...but I still need much improvement in this area.....I will really focus on this most going forward, and will try to post here when I slip up on any of the things for this lunar month cycle...still plenty of time to join in before the new moon.

15. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

slipped up...had 2 beers today and one tonight...going to be honest going to get back on this in 8 days from now...been a little down on myself lately and think beers might be ok right now..but i am going to try and limit it to two the best i can..

16. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

We will also be trying to start new things during the waxing moon, "As the moon waxes (increases toward full light), our energy builds and we collect information. The waxing moon means a forward-moving energy and momentum that's great for building things, working toward a goal, or bringing the first phases of a project to fruition."

Still plenty of time to get in on the April Pink Moon Waxing!

17. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Nofap has been going good, but yesterday my gf wanted to order delivery...i am worried she is going to want to do the same thing again....I also had 3 beers last night...

yard work done, kegels now

18. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

NoFap has been going great, and I only had two beers last night!

Still plenty of time to get in on the lunar challenge.

19. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

I have decided that I am going to come here to celebrate successful days with things that I haven't been able to keep up with.

Nofap Hard mode Day 12, going well. Very little urges.
    I have been doing well on the beer front. I had 0 beers two nights ago, and two beers last night.

20. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Nofap Hard mode Day 13, feeling really good...no urges.
    Only 2 beers again last night!
    Been doing well spreading the love in every moment.

Hope you all are doing well too! Feel free to join in.