1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Musical Instruments

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ready to be healthy, Oct 26, 2017.

1. I've been playing drums since I was around 11, I've done many grades and practice almost everyday. My main styles are Punk Rock and Alternative Rock but I can play most thing but they're the most fun to me.

In my music classes at college I've been learning guitar and bass

I'm also in a 3 piece punk band and hope to make some demos soon :)

2. Drums. Have a Pearl Traveler kit 5 piece that has a great sound and snappy snare. Also have an old Roland six-pad midi a friend gave me. And a set of bongos. Love the bongos!

3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

First instrument I learned was the trumpet, when I was about 10. Now I can also play a bit of guitar/piano/keyboard, though I admit it's been a few months.

Also, here's some band humour you may enjoy: http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/other-instrument-jokes.html

4. Ready to be healthy

Ready to be healthy Distinguished Fapstronaut

That's awesome! I hope you manage to get some demo's made up :) You are quite multi talented Drums, Guitar and Bass! Certainly sounds like drums are you speciality :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Ready to be healthy

Sounds good :) Do you get to play them much! It's cool that you have some Bongos also :)

6. Ready to be healthy

Aww thanks for the jokes :) They are really good!

Do yous till play Trumpet?

MLMVSS likes this.
  7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It's been about a year and a half since I last did, mainly because I don't have one right now. :confused:

Ready to be healthy likes this.
  8. Ready to be healthy

[​IMG] This is essentially what my electric Violin looks like :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Ready to be healthy

Ah I see, well maybe you will get another one at some point in the future. :)

MLMVSS likes this.
  10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I hope so, it was a fun distraction (though I doubt my neighbours would enjoy such a commotion :p)

11. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I originally learned how to play percussion and saxophone in middle school band class, but i quit band class once i got to high school. I also was picking up the guitar around the time so once I quit band class, I was able to concentrate on the guitar more.

I quit playing after high school, but i am picking it back up again. I just haven't been playing as much as I wanted to lately. I do still want to pick up a bass and learn to play it. At least now I have managed to replace the broken tone knob on my les paul.

12. Jason911

Jason911 Fapstronaut

Trumpet, tuba, guitar, a little piano, and a little bass guitar.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  13. Haven't played the drums in a few years. Had to lose my drum room for the kids. Need a bigger house. Or a man shed.

14. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

Yep, tons of fun

15. That's a great band name.

16. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I play the piano I also love the braveheart score, James Horner is an absolute legend.

Also love the score to dances with wolves. Classic.

17. I play a little piano and guitar. I used to play both much more than I do now, though. It's not a big hobby of mine, mostly because I hate not knowing how to do things immediately. Lol I'm not very patient.

Ready to be healthy likes this.
  18. Recently learned the Futurama theme song on piano, but I've completely forgotten it now. And I'm also working on learning Safe, by Britt Nicole.

19. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

It's actually free beers. Because everyone would come if they read "tonight free beers"

20. Marketing genius, I tell ya.