1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP-How to help/support my sweet half

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by moonbeam34, Jul 11, 2019.

1. moonbeam34

moonbeam34 New Fapstronaut

Hi all
    My bf has been addicted to masturbation for years. (I think you call it PMO)...
    We've been together for 3 years and he told me about his problem right when we met (it started when he was late teenager now he's almost in his 30's). He says that his behavior hasn't got any better with time.. I know that it comes from a dark place of depression and anxiety. He sees a therapist once a week and fills his time with work and gym but it's a vicious circle and in just a glimpse, everything can go to hell: he isolates himself from the world and caves in. If he didn't work I really think that he could just stay home and fap all day.
    I would like to have hints on what to do in order to help or what behavior should I have ? Should I support.. but without encouraging the behavior nor making him feel that is ok because it's really not. Be more assertive ? Talk about this more often (it's never a good time to "talk about it"..)
    My fear is that it could easily be overwhelming for him to have to expose this to me on a daily basis and the opposite effect could happen as he could close down to be too...
    We love each other and we've been on a LDR for 3 years now. It's not easy but manage to find balance but I feel that his issue is also mine now and I have to do something about it.
    Please help, I'm pretty desperate, I love him deeply and truly, but this gets to me and makes me really sad.

2. moonbeam34 likes this.
  3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Welcome! You should go to partner support. As for your boyfriend, have you thought of introducing him to this site?

moonbeam34 likes this.
  4. Hey & Welcome to NoFap Community! :)

You are in the right place for recovery here. We are so glad to have you with us to beat this addiction together.

You can go read some Success Stories in the "Success Stories" section to learn more about the benefits of NoFap , get useful tips and ideas to help you in the reboot.

If you have any question about rebooting, you can ask it in the "Rebooting" section.

And I would recommend you to make your own journal in the "Reboot logs" corresponding to your gender & age to track your everyday progress.
    You can also join challenges in the "Events & Challenges" section, to keep yourself motivated and focused.

You may start by checking the links below:
    Learn more about Rebooting.
    Forum Usage Guide.
    List of Rebooting Ressources.
    Glossary of terms used in NoFap community.

Best of luck to you in your journey!

-The Winner