1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need you support guys! New to nofap

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by vince_31, Aug 20, 2017.

1. vince_31

vince_31 Fapstronaut

Hey guys! A little bit info about myself and my backstory.

So 2 weeks ago my girlfriend broke up with me. At first i thought i was only having breakup withdrawal but the symptoms were very severe. My anxiety was off the roof, I was having body tremors all over and I was very tired and flatlining very hard. This has never happened to me before, I've been in a few relationships. So I did a lot of research because i thought i was going crazy and found out about pmo and nofap. And then i remembered that I haven't been pmo'ing for a month(If only i knew sooner about nofap) and we haven't had sex for 2 weeks prior to the breakup.

So eventually the emotional pain,stress of the breakup and the withdrawal symptoms were very severe that i relapse a couple of times unknowingly last week(before i found out about nofap and pmo).

And then I stumbled upon nofap and I felt horrible, I had 1 month on my plate and I messed up. But I made a decision that I'm going to overcome this and be the best version of myself that i can be. I'm still getting over my breakup and combine with that the nofap withdrawal, it's very difficult. But with all the support that everyone is getting here I feel like I can do this 1 day at a time!

Thank you everyone in advance!

2. Hey you could message me for support
    Or text or FaceTime too let me know if yo I want my number

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. vince_31

vince_31 Fapstronaut

@Holte Avery yea, that could be very helpful for me. Sometimes i feel depressed and just want to talk to anyone about anything under the sun.

@D . J . The withdrawal symptoms caught me off guard specially the anxiety and body tremors. That one messed me up. But now that i know more info on what I am going through I am prepared.

Here are the withdrawal symptoms I am experiencing so far
    - Anxiety
    - Body Tremors ( A bit manageable than last week before I relapsed )
    - Body fatigue ( My body feels heavy )
    - Insomnia ( Keep waking up in the middle of the night, I can feel myself awake but my eyes are closed)
    - So far no masturbation urges
    - Also my mental state and emotional state is not at full capacity right now because my ex just broke up with me. So the breakup withdrawal and nofap withdrawal is coming at me at the same time.

My strategies
    - I changed my sleeping habit. Go to bed at 9 pm and wake up at 5 am
    - Take Vitamin b12 (suppose to help with anxiety)
    - Go for a walk/run after i wake up
    - Then lifting weights after
    - Taking kava roots(herbal supplement) for anxiety and body tremors. For some reason I am still experiencing body tremors after I relapsed(probably because I'm having break withdrawal symptoms too, i don't know for sure)
    - Omega 3 supplement
    - Meditation( Headspace app )
    - Positive affirmations every day
    - I change my diet to eating healthy and organic ( avoiding fast food, sodas and alcohol )
    - Drinking Tea (Green/Chamomile) - supposedly helps with anxiety
    - No tv/devices before bedtime
    - Take melatonin (supposedly helps you sleep better)

So far that's it. Let me know if I am over doing some things or I can do more. Just FYI the symptoms was at its worst 2 weeks after my GF broke up with me and a month of no pmo. My question is, will i go thru that same symptoms again because I relapsed?

5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

6. vince_31

vince_31 Fapstronaut

@D . J . Ok, i will check it out. Thank you

D . J . likes this.