1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New to site

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Lefleurdelis, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Lefleurdelis

Lefleurdelis Fapstronaut

I am new to this site but somethings about me.
    First and foremost i am a follower of Jesus. I have seen God do miracles and yet i have struggled with masterbation since I was a teenager and I am now closer to 30. I have gone through many seasons of victory followed by crushing defeat in this area. The longest I have gone without M is about 6 months then I relapsed.
    Over the years I have found out many of my the triggers and antecedents that lead up to me masterbating. It has taken along time to figure out what led up to me M. If you are struggling to find out what some of your triggers are I might be able to help. Some of my triggers are loneliness, playing video games, and excess energy.
    I have found that if I excerise my desire to M is drastically reduced.

As far as hobbies go, I like to build things especially from wood. The best projects for me are always antique restoration.

The best thing about restoration is that it reminds me of how Christ restores us. He redeems us. Every restoration begins with something that looks like it maybe beyond repair but the goal is to bring it back to the point that no one would ever realize it was broken.

Joe1023 likes this.
  2. Foxhole

Foxhole Fapstronaut

Hi. Welcome here. I really like the restoration metaphor.
    And whats your goal for now? Why did you join nofap? Good luck on your Journey.

3. Lefleurdelis

Lefleurdelis Fapstronaut

Thankyou Foxhole
    My current goal is no MO for 1 month. I am taking it one day at a time.

4. zeus123

zeus123 New Fapstronaut

Welcome
    To your list of triggers, I can add : sadness and stress.
    I hope that you can reach your goal :)
    regards.

5. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

How's your battle going, Lefleurdelis? I like that you're so open about following Christ, brother!