1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One Week

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Hey, everyone,
    For me, M is something that is not associated with lust or P, so I do allow it. However, I feel like it is important for the next seven days that I completely abstain. I am posting this here to build up some extra accountability.
    I plan to post on this thread each morning whether I've stuck with it or not.
    See you in the morning! Thanks!
    Vir

2. I tried just M. I told myself that I would think about my wife. That did not last and I went back to P.

3. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

I think everyone has to find their own right relationship with M, and I think part of that is being willing to give it up completely if that's God's best for you.
    Right now, that's not where I'm at, but I have to watch that M doesn't become an idol in itself.

4. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Day One: no M

Pro 18:24b
    ...there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Tao Jones likes this.
  5. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Day 2: no M.

Psa 119:71-72 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

Henryforward likes this.
  6. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Day 3: no M, by the grace of God.

I'm trying to post a verse each day. Today, I don't have a verse, but just a praise for how close Jesus Christ seems right now. He's been doing amazing work in my life, and I just want to say that it is the best!

7. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Day 4: No M.

Stole this verse from the Scripture A Day thread, but it is a favorite: II Samuel 22:35 "He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms."

Henryforward and Myfortress like this.
  8. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Day 5: no M. Thank God.

I must admit that I feel an extra social energy that I haven't had in a while. I truly don't believe that I'm sinning by M'ing without lust, but, I'm stating before you all that abstaining even this long provides me with energy to give to the world. Interestingly, I think I feel loneliness more actutely, which makes me want to talk to anybody. I see this as a good thing. God's been letting me see more of Himself, and I want to take that and tell more people about Him. I'm rich in spiritual blessings. Though this verse is for the physically rich, I feel like this admonition is for me:
    1Ti 6:17-18 "Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;"

Henryforward and Tao Jones like this.
  9. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Day 6: No M.

Walking into the last day of this program, and I don't want to stop. I keep telling myself that M isn't a sin if it is done without lust (and, technically, I can't and won't argue with that). However, I'm reminded this week how much more I experience life when I abstain. I have more alertness/desire/social energy with which to worship God when I abstain. So, I'll set a goal of one month. I'll be asking for APs for this on the main forum.
    The verse for today is 1Jn 3:8 "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."
    Wow. Do I reflect God or do I reflect my old father, the Devil?

10. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Day 7! No M.

1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

11. Keep Going! The fruits of abstaining keep getting better. At the same time, prepare to be attacked by the enemy. He hates it when you are winning.

12. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

@Myfortress , I'm at 10 days since last release and last night I experienced unmingled euphoria for the first time in at least two years while I was talking to God out in a windstorm. I'm noticing how beautiful nature is, which I haven't done in said two years. Now, a lot of this has to do with getting over depression, but I'm quite sure the above is directly related to whatever is going on in my brain and body due to abstaining.

We don't want to chase feelings, but it sure is nice to be able to experience the good things.

Henryforward and Tao Jones like this.
  13. So glad your are enjoying the beauty of the Lord. We cannot see it, or are even looking for it when mired in sin

Henryforward likes this.