1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me!!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Shevro Nickell, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Shevro Nickell

Shevro Nickell Fapstronaut

Hey am shevro nickell, new fapstronaut. I am 20 years old and been jerking off from the past 4 yrs. Well it started with very mild addiction to it and i would do it very rare. But later on, it became one of the most affecting thing in my life. A habit i really want to avoid but cant because of some stronger temptations than my will power I really need all your help and i would do everything to help grp member as well! Pls do reply so that i would know there's someone who cares for me

2. Frühlingstimme

Frühlingstimme Fapstronaut

3. Shevro Nickell

Hii dude..so how long hav u gone? R u interested in starting together the challange of no pmo for 90 days?

D . J . likes this.
  4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap. You are no longer by yourself. Will power will work for some but obviously not for everyone. You will need to set some strategies for battling M. Do you use or need P when you MO? Just trying to an idea of where you are on the PMO spectrum.

5. Chrishandsoff

Chrishandsoff Fapstronaut

6. Shevro Nickell

Thanks. Well i always need P for MO. Its like sometime i become a sexual pervert and jerk of like hell. But when m mentally at peace i keep on telling myself i wont do it again. Longest time i hav gone without pmo is 24 days.

Chrishandsoff and D . J . like this.
  7. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Delete the P that you have from your computer and smartphone including the browser history and cookies. Start there. Block all that you can.

That would be a good next step.

8. Harry Maclad

Harry Maclad Fapstronaut

You are not alone. I am glad you decided to ask for help by coming here. You have a better chance of not Masturbating now that you have all this support. Everyone's here for you now!

Shevro Nickell and D . J . like this.
  9. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

1. Identify your triggers. What are the things that you happening in your world to cause you to turn to PMO for escape and comfort! This is the most crucial step in the process.
    2. Once your triggers are identified, determine healthy ways of dealing with those triggers such as exercise, running, leaving the stressful situation and going outside for air.
    3. Masturbation... do not keep your hands to yourself. Unless you are bathing, changing your underwear or actually using the bathroom, your hands should be nowhere near your penis. YOU ARE BANNED FROM TOUCHING YOUR PENIS FOR RECREATION!!!!!
    4. Your bed is limited to only the time you are sleeping. No laying in bed other than that. As soon you awake, you should get out of bed. Can't sleep, if awake for more than a few minutes, get out of bed until you are sleepy enough to go to sleep.
    5. Keep doors open unless necessary. You need to be isolated as little as possible. You're less likely to M when people can see you.
    6. Keep curtains and blinds open as much as possible. Similar reason as above and also allows light inside. Many time M'ing is more likely in dark places.
    7. At night, keep lights on as often as possible. Similar to above, lights on may lessen your desire to fap.
    8. Begin a journal so that others can encourage you and connect with you.
    9. Become active in this community. The more active you are, the less time you will spend focused on you. The less time focused solely on you, the faster time goes. There is an old saying, "a watched pot of water doesn't boil any faster", which means for this example, focusing solely on yourself and your issues won't make them go away sooner. It's OK to track progress but when spending more time doing other things that were once important to you and encouraging others, you will notice the time of your sobriety will go so much faster than if you didn't.

Harry Maclad and Chrishandsoff like this.