1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quit Coffee

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kurushimi, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

I am quiting coffee. I have realized that I was driking too much and it doesn't have any affect on me.
    The first days are hard but I am feeling full of energy tonight...maybe I am starting to see some results

bdn94 likes this.
  2. lwyrup

lwyrup Fapstronaut

nooo.. not coffee

3. I haven't had coffee for over a week and I feel fatigued all the time now. Hopefully the fatigue subsides soon..

4. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

The first day was kind of hard. Headache, sort of dizzy. But now I am felling much better and I do have energies to spare.
    I guess that anwyay it's a real addiction the coffee

5. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

It's funny, I just wanted to open a similar thread when I saw this.

I stopped coffee a few days ago in order to improve my sleep and now I sleep even worse!! This is so confusing as everyone talks about sleep benefits

6. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Guys I was drinking 6/7 coffee ... a day and I mean Italian Coffee (they are very concentrated!). First days are worst ...but I must confess I am feeling better and anyway awake.

7. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

by the way ... I could drink a coffee and sleep after that .... I think my body couldn't get affected to coffee anymore

8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I'm dropping coffee too, first day, is hell, second day, even worse, third day, you want to stab yourself in the neck, fourth day, you feel better, fifth day, big urges arrive, sixth day....well I'd never made it past that... but I'm giving it another go, is just a drug, we don't need it, is just the addiction talking, is not good for your brain and your sleep, and havok for your kidneys and liver...

Kurushimi likes this.
  9. jaybeard

jaybeard Fapstronaut

I don't think I could do without coffee totally—my kids wake up too early. But I definitely think I need to cut down. I can drink a full pot on my own.

When I was in school, I would take every break in summer and winter to detox from coffee. I would only drink tea, which is a LOT less caffeine. It really starts to feel like, without that detox, I just need more and more to get the same results.

Kurushimi likes this.
  10. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I'm The Chosen One and Kurushimi like this.
  11. Yeah quitting coffee is pretty good.I haven't drink coffee for a very long time, but for the past week, I've been drinking a cup of coffee every day and I don't feel bad or guilty. Drinking coffee is not like PMO. But I'll quit coffee again for dopamine detox. Fortunately, I do not experience any withdrawal syndrome when I quit coffee.

12. ADMG

ADMG Fapstronaut

When I was more self-disciplined, I would not drink coffee at all 1 week each month... something I am trying to get back to. But, the worst that I get is about 3 cups of coffee each day... still enough to develop dependence, though.

I find it easier to cut down to 1 cup of coffee per day, or a few cups of decaf. Half-caf also helps. For those struggling to give up coffee cold turkey, it may work better to wean yourself off of it. It's not like PMO, which necessitates a cold turkey approach from what I have read/experienced.

13. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Is the only way for everything, there is no half-measures.

Brahmacharya_UK and Knascher6789 like this.
  14. After quitting PMO and alcohol, quitting coffee + other drinks with caffeine was the next step on my path. The first 2 weeks i felt really shitty but then i were more awake over the whole day, got better sleep and felt more balanced. Caffeine is just a drug and only a drug...

Kurushimi likes this.
  15. If we had known way back when all that we know today about caffeine, it would have been a tightly regulated drug just like other prescription drugs on the market. Caffeine does have a few medicinal purposes, but just like many other drugs which may be useful for short-period use, it is highly addictive.

For medicinal purposes, caffeine may be indicated, for example, to treat asthma, as it tends to open the lungs, increase the blood pressure and heart rate, and help a person feel more alert/awake. But it would, like other drugs, lose its effectiveness with constant use, requiring more and more to stimulate an increasingly tired body. Caffeine essentially borrows future energy for present use, and the debt must be paid sooner or later.

Fun fact: Did you know that before Coca-Cola adopted the use of caffeine to make their product more addictive, and hence good for the company's bottom line, they actually used some cocaine? Google it, and wonder no more about the soda's name. (But, then, cocaine wasn't illegal yet at that time, so . . . .) Maybe caffeine should be put in the lineup as the next drug to be made illegal--or, at least, better regulated.

16. peglegb88

peglegb88 Fapstronaut

I haven't drank coffee in about a month. I've still had 1 cup of weak black tea or green tea a day. I've gone this weekend without caffeine, kinda sucks though. I'd love to quit caffeine completely, but I'm worried I won't be as productive at work without it. Will probably stick to not having caffeine on weekends though.

17. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

the firs weeks, actually the first days where pretty tough.
    Now actually I am feeling better than the old times with coffee.

18. Damn, now i am grateful that i dont drink coffee :) , Guys whosoever is taking that challenge hope you succeed and my best wishes are with you :) =)

19. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

Hey Killbane,

I gave caffeine (And sugar) 57 days ago and it's the best thing I ever done.

Remember that (unfortunately), caffeine is an addictive drug and so you will experience lethargy, depression and flu like symptoms for a while. This is until your body resets and you can start getting the full restful sleep that caffeine interrupts.

My advice is to persist, it will definitely get better. You will have deeper more restful sleep and better dreams as well.

oh yeah and this:-

http://paulsohn.org/how-caffeine-makes-you-emotionally-handicapped-all-the-time/

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Kurushimi likes this.
  20. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

This was a concern of mine for a while, and what kept me from going back to caffeine. But now I have given up nearly 2 months, I find that I've actually got more energy because I now get it from sleep and fresh air and proper food instead.

Remember than caffeine is not a giver of energy... It is a trick to make you FEEL less tired. After I gave up for a while, and then decided to have that "One cup" one morning, I would again wake up the following day feeling groggy (Because caffeine stays in your system for quite a while and affects your sleep architecture - i.e. The time you spend in each stage of sleep such as REM Sleep).

Then that's why I need another cup.

Once you truly give up this drug, and take other obvious steps like not eating heavy meals straight before you sleep, and sleeping in a dark and quiet place, and getting enough sleep, you will find you have more energy in the morning and an end to this horrible groggy feeling that we're all too familiar with, that only ANOTHER cup of coffee will seem to fix!