quitting instagram

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by annway, May 7, 2024.

1. annway

annway Fapstronaut

scrolling social media as a time killer made me tired without me realizing it. it made me digest a lot of information (mostly) that i dont need, trigger me to think about it and even make me response it either trough my second acc's snapgram or mostly in my mind. switch my focus into something that i dont need to take care of. i realize i still dont have a good control about my mind

so i decide to quit instagram at least until i done my exam in 17 days. i decide to focus in my real life, using my energy to study and concerning about my 'real' responsibility

wish me luck

2. I think you made the right choice. Instagram isn't going anywhere any time soon, but you are!

Wishing you good luck on your exams.

Oh and welcome to the site!

annway likes this.
  3. sleepy.hope3386

sleepy.hope3386 Fapstronaut

Great choice, life is much better without social media in my opinion.

Wishing you the best of luck!

annway likes this.
  4. LongSault

LongSault Fapstronaut

Funny, I've never used Instagram ever in my life, much to the shock of some people that I've met here at college. I do visit YouTube sometimes, usually for tutorials on photography, which is my go-to hobby.

5. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Social media was the first stumbling block for me, even with the best intentions there is no way to avoid triggers online.

I decided to just delete Instagram. I figured that someone who is trying to stop smoking wouldn't keep a cigarette in their pocket, so why would a PMO addiction be treated any differently?

annway likes this.
  6. annway

annway Fapstronaut

its impossible for me to not having instagram account because here in my place, making a post or snapgram being a requirement for registering for certain agendas (in uni or outside it such as community, etc)

in other side, instagram helps me to maintaining my long distance friend, and becomes an information sources for certain agenda that i'm interested in

so for me, i will still use instagram, but i will try to control myself and having a clear boundaries to stay healthy while using it. i am still learning

jk243 and LongSault like this.
  7. marsplanet

marsplanet Fapstronaut

Ive deleted the app and not looked back.

kaerhal likes this.
  8. Tom️

Tom️ Fapstronaut

You could always try MySpace.

9. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

I don’t know how long I’ll go without Instagram; most likely until after I’m married or it’s been around 90 days. I want to be in a good place before I risk coming back!

10. rave.flower

rave.flower Fapstronaut

explore using instagram only on your mac. that way you don't have the urge of using it on your phone. and most of the time. all messages can wait. you dont have to respond immediately. there is always whatsapp/imessage or a phone call incase someone urgently wants to catch you. give yourself windows to use instagram on the mac too.

annway likes this.
  11. annway

annway Fapstronaut

nice idea! tysm! i'll try it after my exam because i'll not open instagram at all until i done my exam

its my 9th day without instagram and tbh it feels so good. less anxiety, less overthinking and more energy and ofc more time to think and do 'some real things'.

rave.flower likes this.
  12. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Does that still exist?

13. Tom️

Tom️ Fapstronaut

It does.