1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

Last film I saw was rewatching "2001: Space Odyssey" on the big screen in IMAX. (To which I haven't been to in a loooooooong time!

200/100

Kubrick will always be the mount Olympus of directing/scriptwriting God!

2. The guest 4/10. It started out okay, then went way down hill

3. Blossom

Blossom Fapstronaut

Fifty Shades Of Grey & Fifty Shades Darker - 10/10.
    Good actors, awesome acting skills and very intresting storyline.
    * This movie might be triggering to some of you so keep that in mind

4. Giving a panned such praise makes me want to add you to my ignore list but my god, you have shit taste in movies.

5. Blossom

Blossom Fapstronaut

LOL.. Why?
    besides the nasty sex scenes it was pretty good..

6. Addams Family Values, 8/10
    I saw this movie as a kid a few times and was surprised that my positive memories of it are not all just nostalgia:
    + good balance between being serious and silly, sometimes even self-aware-silly
    + dark humor that never gets too dark
    + great acting from the main cast
    + great production design, reminded me of Tim Burton movies
    - some annoying side characters, although they were supposed to be annoying

7. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Truly depressing. Great acting - 9

8. It was so good c: I watched it more than once (it was that good). I love Emily Blunt as well!

9. MonarchOfTheGlen

MonarchOfTheGlen Fapstronaut

The Man Who Would Be King - a classic.
    9/10

10. The Nun 7/10

Just got back from The Nun, and I really liked it, but for some reason I wasnt that scared by it. I'm not sure if that was just me or the movie. Sometimes I'm just not really in an easily scared mood. But I did enjoy the story, and I liked how much Jesus was emphasized, as I feel that a lot of movies that talk about Christianity always showcase the Catholic side of things and talk more about saints and Mary than they do about Jesus, which bugs me.

It wasn't my favorite of The Conjuring series, but definitely not my least favorite either. I had a good time :) we also recently got fancy new reclining, heated seats at our theater, and this was our first time going since they were put in, so that was super nice.

11. Unfriended: Dark Web 6/10
    I liked this film a lot more than the first film. But that being said it was still a bit corny and cringy in places.

12. The First Purge. I give the film 7.5 out of 10. It was certainly violent and had a decent amount of gore, but the political themes left a bad taste in my mouth. I get it, white people are evil. Somebody should tell Hollywood to quit making those movies.

13. That's a strange message to get from that movie. I didnt get that at all. Just because the "bad guys" happened to be white doesnt mean the film is saying all white people are evil. There were plenty of black people also doing bad things, and if anything it was more about poor people versus wealthier people, not race.

14. That's true. However, the film was echoing some of the sentiment that is going on now. More than anything, it is about the haves versus the have-nots, but I couldn't help but think of that particular solution as being rational, in the very worst of ways. You are giving people an outlet to express the feelings of rage, discontent, and hatred without fear of being punished. There are parameters, of course. You can't kill government officials of a certain standing, and you only have 12 hours to "Purge". Of course, most of the people getting slaughtered are poor, non-white citizens. Had the experiment gone without interference from PMC mercenaries and KKK assholes, it likely would have been considered a failure.

15. That's the entire point of the movie. Lol the whole point is to show that the purge has never been "successful." Its corrupt and horrible, and it started out that way.

16. Right. I did state the obvious, didn't I? Lol

17. Lol a bit, but that's okay. I liked that movie a lot, thought not as much as some of the previous ones. I found it a little hard to root for the characters, given that most of them were criminals and didnt seem like super great people.

18. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Could you explain why it was hard to root for them? Tony Soprano and Walter White were criminals, but viewers were still rooting for them.

19. I haven't seen breaking bad, but personally I dont think I would like it or find walter white to be an easy person to root for. I do like Dexter, though. But it just depends on the writing and the character development. Idk, i just initially didnt really like the characters at all, except the main girl. One of the guys came around in the end, and that was good. Idk why it was hard for me to care about them, but I just didn't. I guess there wasnt enough development, for me, outside of the negatives.

20. I think this could be the answer, even though I haven't seen The Purge. But I think there is a difference between someone being portrayed as plain evil and someone doing evil things but still having some good in them. Walter White tried to ensure his family's financial security after his death (at least it started out that way), Tony Soprano did more or less the same and also showed compassion for animals and children, and Dexter Morgan had to watch his mother get brutally murdered as a child and kills only bad guys.