1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rock Band suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LostSon41, Oct 13, 2023.

Who should I listen to?

1. Bring Me The Horizon

2. The White Stripes

3. Deftones

4. The Doors

5. Avenged Sevenfold

6. Radiohead

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Hey I want to get back into rock/metal music after not listening much for the last year. What do y’all think is the band I would most like to listen through all their albums?
    These are who I’m interested in (no particular order). I like a few songs from each.
    • Bring Me The Horizon
    • The White Stripes
    • Deftones
    • The Doors
    • Avenged Sevenfold
    • Radiohead
    I like all eras of rock music (besides 80s)

I was wondering if y’all had any insight.

2. Those are all very different bands. But considering my username, gonna have to go with A7X. Their first couple of albums are metalcore, after that they go into more traditional metal, becoming more experimental as time has gone on. Their last two albums are experimental prog metal, with heavy Mr Bungle influences. Speaking of which, listen to Mr Bungle.

LostSon267 likes this.
  3. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I would steer you towards classic rock bands from the 1970s.

My personal favourite is awesome Irish rock band Thin Lizzy!

4. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

Bring me the horizon are sort of similar to Linkin park which you apparently like too. Also, they made the gigachad theme song.

onceaking and LostSon267 like this.
  5. Linkin Park led to this absolute banger, that plays in my head most days.

Semtex likes this.
  6. 777ABX777

777ABX777 Fapstronaut

Kyuss is the best rock band i ever listend to. I btw also like the early queens of the stoneage albums.

7. ATTENTION! THIS THREAD HAS BEEN ANNEXED BY THE MR BUNGLE APPRECIATION SOCIETY! THIS IS NOW A MR BUNGLE THREAD.

8. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Yeah gigachad theme song got me into them. I’ve checked out their album called Post Human so far

9. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

By the way, my favorite bands are Linkin park, Slipknot, Fall out boy, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, and Pearl Jam.

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

11. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

I haven’t but I’ve listened to the original a bunch of times.

12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I've just added the link above. I really recommend it next time you want to listen to it.
    My favourite album of theirs was Wish You Were Here for years, but now it is Animals. :)

13. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

I have Spotify so I’ll go ahead and listen to it now.

14. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Yeah the animals remix is really good. Seems like they made the drums a lot more clear and overall the production is more intricate so the music sounds more full. Pigs and Sheep were particularly improved well. Love it!

15. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Those were my take aways from it! As if we thought Animals couldn't get any better, lol. :)

LostSon267 likes this.