Science in Adam and Eve?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. No serious academic disputes the big bang, the age of the universe, or the fact of the evolution. Some prefer to think that the moment of singularity that lead into the big bang was caused by some greater being and they are welcome to that belief, as it is simply physically impossible to know what might have been before that moment of time. Anybody who believes in literal interpretation of bible creation story is not a scientist, they are a retard on the same level as the flat-earthers.

2. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

This isnt about love and compassion and how and why God created what He did... it's about the fact that you absolutely cannot look around you at all the beautiful little tiny details of the world and the universe and honestly say that you believe it just happened on it's own without any plan or design. That's just completely illogical. I will never understand how anyone can believe all of this just happened without a creator. It makes no sense.

3. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Didn't you see my last post? I just said I don't believe that everything came from nothing and I don't believe that everything just formed by chance. And I'm sorry but I don't see how God can be all-loving or compassionate or even powerful yet create the body the way it is. God is supposed to be love yet the human body is the way it is? I'm sorry but I can't get around that.

4. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

A "big bang" sounds pretty dang similar to Genesis' account of God saying "let there be light" to me. And many people believe that a "day" to God doesnt necessarily mean 24 hours.

We probably agree on a lot more than you might think, but you wont get to learn what people believe if you just come with closed eyes and ears, calling everybody retards. Hence the reason I have no interest in debating you.

5. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Dude, when someone says "you" they dont always mean YOU, specifically. I wasnt talking directly to you. And again, this conversation has nothing to do with compassion or whether or not God is loving. That's a completely different topic.

6. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

One thing I forgot to ask but I'm sure that Noah and his family existed years after Adam and Eve so by then the genetic code would have been severely degraded so again I ask how it is logically possible that every human that exists today came from the fallible genetic code of eight inbred people?

7. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Fair enough, so when can we discuss love and compassion? I'm open to having my mind changed on those issues.

8. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I'm not interested in discussing that with you. I've tried to discuss things with you many times, and it has never gone anywhere. Sorry. There are plenty of other places you can seek answers to your questions.

9. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

We've never discussed love or compassion in terms of God's creation and I've searched on the internet but there aren't answers to my specific questions but it's your choice. I doubt you seriously considered my point of view also while we were in previous discussions but whatever... I probably wouldn't have gotten good answers as to why a loving God made such imperfect designs anyway. Like seriously, what type of loving designer would allow the male reproductive system to be exposed to the harsh elements of nature? Or even create humans with eyes that naturally see things upside down with a limited view of the electromagnetic spectrum?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  10. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Why do you think everyone's gonna be saved no matter what? That contradicts the Bible, doesn't it?

11. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

She's right man, calling people names gets us nowhere.

Castielle likes this.
  12. Why argue with people who's central tenant
    So if somebody told u the earth is flat, you would just respect that and not consider them an idiot? the word exists for a reason, like if that is not dumb then what possibly is?
    And also, what is the point in arguing with these creationists? Their concept of "faith" thats so important for them literally means believing something without evidence/despite evidence to the countrary. They by difinition will not change their mind even if the evidence is staring them in the face. They are far too indocrinated and afraid of "hell".

13. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

But to round things up, "does God exist or not" discussions make no sense especially with Christian theists, at least some of them, since they believe they have the truth... and if someone is convinced they have the truth, it's literally gonna be impossible to convince them that they might be wrong. So talking to some Christians is gonna be like talking to a wall, heck the Bible reinforces this idea by commanding that doubt and lack of faith/belief is a sin so it literally makes no sense having these discussions with theists like fundamental Christians. It makes no sense debating with someone who's mind is already made up and won't change no matter how good your arguments are.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  14. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

I just made a post above similar to this one. I agree with you here but some of them can be open to having their mind changed... calling the reachable ones names won't help with that but as to the ones who's mind will never change it's probably best to just let them be.

15. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Seems like the pot calling the kettle black. You are equally as firm in your belief in evolution, which as much as you believe otherwise, is not a proven theory. So... why even come in here and try to have a conversation if it's so pointless to you?

I think its utterly illogical and dumb to not believe in a Creator, but I'm still capable of not coming into atheist threads and calling everybody retards. So... seems like you could do the same, if you cared to be kind and have some tact.

And all of this is exactly why I refuse to have these debates with you. I have learned exactly what you've admitted to here, that you have no interest in actually having a conversation and you think talking to someone like me is talking to "a brick wall," so why would I want to engage in a discussion with you? You're clearly only interested in proving you're right and I'm wrong. That's not a conversation I'm interested in having with anybody.

16. it is a proven theory as well as an established fact. I have the unanimous stance of the entire scientific community and a mountain of research supporting my point, you have an ancient work of fiction. There is no comparison between our positions. But as I have said in my previous post, im done with wasting my time on uneducated fanatics.

17. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Nowhere in my post did I say I was interested in proving you wrong. I can't prove you wrong. I'm not interested in proving that God doesn't exist. I can't prove that God does not exist. I can't prove that Christianity is not true. I'm interested in finding the truth. My post was more of a general thing for Christians other than you that I've encountered but based on some convos I've had it's felt like I was talking to a wall (although the same could probably be said of me). I know you probably won't consider my arguments anyway since the Bible says it's a sin to challenge God and stuff and plus you believe you have the truth so it would be kinda pointless to challenge that truth that you claim to have.

18. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I am very well educated, thanks. And actually, I have a heck of a lot more than a book. I have the logical and undeniable fact that something cannot come from nothing. Especially something as intricately designed as human beings, animals, DNA, molecules, atoms, trees, clouds, vapor, etc etc.

19. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

This is such BS. I challenge my beliefs all the time and have great conversations with atheists and agnostic people on a regular basis. Just because I'm not having them with you doesnt mean I'm incapable of having them.

20. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

OK, I apologize. I was wrong.