1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Seize the day

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by omerico2121, Oct 24, 2018.

1. omerico2121

omerico2121 Fapstronaut

Someday your life'll be over. Our life are finite. However, many of us live with the illusion that we have all the time that we need. There are many ideas we want to convert into actions, yet they remain in our brain. You have to realize that there are somethings you can do today or this week or even in a year, but you won't be able to do them ten years from now. My mother's demise was an eye opener for me. My mother and I had such a strong bond. We talked about everything. She was one of the fewer persons I was truly comfortable around. Yet that bond hadn't beared many fruits. We spent too little time with each other, due to our different schedule in our daily life, and now I wish I could've spent more time with her. We all regret about many things we wish we would've done differently, but in the end of the day we're all just a bunch of hypocrites. If our regrets would actually be sincere we wouldn't have to regret. We could do differently. I could prioritize spending time with my mom, but I didn't... Sometimes I like to imagine that I can travel back in time and do those things differently, maybe even save her. But I know this is just a dream. You can't go back in time, so you better spend your time wisely, because it's the most valuable resource you can have. I decided to keep on living and living my life to the fullest, doing everything my mom wanted me to do, but hadn't stay long enough to see.