Social skills will never get you laid

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mike_July_2017, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

This is my personal opinion, but I see here a lot of young men, who have the opportunity to get a college degree, a master or even a PhD - but make this stupid mistake I myself once did - namely believing that improving social skills will help you attract girls.

Women are not sexually attracted by social skills. Sure, there could be some debate on this, but the most important things is that women are attracted to is looks (how good your face looks like), muscles, money and status. With looks and muscles being much more important than money or status - at least for younger women.

What are social skills: "A social skill is any competence facilitating interaction and communication with others where social rules and relations are created, communicated, and changed in verbal and nonverbal ways." - they will not seduce any girl.

There is this multi billion $ industry, called the Pick Up Artist industry, that is making money be selling naive young men the false idea that you can train your personality to become sexually attractive to women.

Lie to below average looking, sexually deprived young men that you can get them laid if they give you their money, time and attention - this is a sure way to get rich.

I was a member of this community for years (and deeply regret my naivety). Do not waste your youth going to bars/clubs/parks/salsa while believing learning some speeches and some tricks and getting rid of approach anxiety - will get you laid. How good you look like gets you laid, how athletic, how rich, etc. But not how you talk like or how funny you are or how courageous you may consider yourself to be.

There are numerous forums of people who quit the PUA community, after having their hopes and dreams crushed and realizing they were fed a lie. Please look into them if you still believe personality is related to sexual attraction.

2. Can16

Can16 Fapstronaut

you are absolutely right

3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Money, status, and looks does work for some people.

Personality works for some people.

Just because something works for you doesn't mean it works for somebody else. There's a lot of different factors that go into this. Including what type of person you're trying to attract.

If you're simply trying to get laid with random strangers, then yes superficial things can be more important.

If you're looking to build deeper and long lasting relationships, then I'm sure you would agree that you would want to spend that life with a person that has a personality that you enjoy.

The pickup industry does steer young people in the wrong direction, but don't put pickup tricks, social intelligence, and having a personality all in the same category.

If you believe money, status, and looks are what's truly important, then you will attract partners that believe those are the most important things as well. That's your values and standards. That's the life you will create for yourself. Nothing wrong with that. As long as that's what you really want.

Personally, I believe that tricks to deceive women isn't the answer. Nor are things like money and status being the most important. Getting laid in general isn't a big deal. It's an automatic consequence of building great relationships with people.

4. TruChange

TruChange Fapstronaut

My best friend is tall (6-1), blonde hair, blue eyes. He's an amateur bodybuilder, around 210lbs and less than 10% body fat.

But he doesn't open his mouth.

He gets some looks but nothing happens because he waits for the women to come to him.

In contrast, we all know guys who are hugely charismatic.

Looks matter, charisma matters, lifestyle matters. Attraction is multifaceted and can't be narrowed down to one variable.

5. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

You gotta have game. Having good looks doesn't hurt, but having game is necessary.

IceRoots likes this.
  6. First off, they are not all the same. Women have a vagina and breasts, that's the only similarity between all of them. They don't all think and act the same.

There are women who are only attracted to looks, money, etc. They will probably end up as some rich guy's trophy wife, and will live an empty life, and will be powerless to stop their hubby from banging other women. But hey, at least she'll have a $10,000 pair of earrings.

On the other end, there are women who won't care for material possessions as much, and want a meaningful relationship. With someone who treats them right.

The only way to find out is to treat each one as an individual, and draw your conclusions based on how she alone acts.

..Anna.. likes this.
  7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

There are very few trad wives out there; the rest are all mostly thots.

8. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I understand and I agree with your points. You can't rule personality out completely though. Networking and social interaction and behavior are all relevant as well. I'm biased but physical attraction is not my issue. Through hard work, persistence, and dedication I have gotten into shape over a period of years through diet and exercise. I'm 18 and have 20,000 dollars in my bank account while my peers are in debt and scraping together money to buy food. I'm even charming and romantic once I get to know someone. Unfortunately though I'm shy and don't engage a lot of girls or people in general. I also don't use any form of social media. I feel like there are many girls that would be interested in me - they just don't know I exist. I'm still trying to fix this problem.

However physical attraction, assets, etc. Are all very important and controllable at least to an extent especially as you get older. Your only fooling yourself if you think those factors are not important to women.

9. Runtilmylegsdropoff

You got 20 grand saved up, great job lad !!!

Mike_July_2017 and Mankrik like this.
  10. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thanks... Best way to make money? Don't spend any!