1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Substitution and Beauty

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

So, as I continue semen retention, I find myself more open to social interaction and more invested at work, but I also seem to be more prone to impulse eating and impulse buying. I think MO is a way I've tried to fill a beauty/pleasure gap, and without it, I am automatically finding other ways to fill the void. What do you think? Should I try to fill the gap with more social interactions, and purposely find more beautiful and pleasing things, or should I just cut back and "fast", more like the dopamine reset mentality? I'd like to hear your thoughts. Also posting in the 30-39 forum.

Better Man Today likes this.
  2. This has been my struggle exactly. Until we learn to fill that gap with Christ alone, we will be, to some extent, under the control of our desires. It should not be this way. We need to master them instead!

Passion and desire and beauty and pleasure are not bad things. But when we make an idol of them, they do us great harm. For a wild horse to be of any use to a man, it must first be broken. Imagine how much better your life will be, when you are in control of your passions instead of them being in control of you! This is the same journey I am on, too, and I am not done yet!

Philippians 3
    13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I am grateful to be traveling the Way with brothers like yourself. Onward!

Better Man Today likes this.
  3. I have been trying to be deliberate about noticing the beauty of God and his creation. But I too struggle with the bad eating, especially on the weekends.

Better Man Today and Tao Jones like this.