Supplements For Mood Enhancement

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Deleted Account, Jul 10, 2018.

1. It may be mentioned already in the sea of threads but I personally am a firm believer in B vitamins for mood enhancement and helping with depression. I found the benefits of them when I was going through a really hard time the fall and winter of 2016 when I was working with a friend/coworker when he was involved in a fatal accident. They have been part of a daily regimine since.

It has been proven B vitamins aid the production of Seritonin. When I skip a day or run out I can often feel the difference. I like to use a blend called B Complex or Stress Complex. Perhaps those suffering with really low mood, those suffering with suicidal thoughts or other exteme lows could benefit from trying these out?

I also like to take Magnesium for sleep. 20 or 30 mins before bed and it mellows me out and I feel ready for sleep. Magnesium has the power to reduce the stress hormone cortisol. It really works, and I sleep soundly and wake rested from it. Those that are not seeing morning wood or nightly erections may have to consider that If they are not sleeping well, you might not see those erections. Usually we wake with morning wood early in the morning when we are in or coming out of REM sleep, if you are not sleeping well, you simply will not be in that stage of sleep for it to take place. REM sleep is our dream state and also the stage of sleep our brains are detoxifying itself and creating and strengthening nural pathways. Everyone agrees sleep is a good thing, but the type of sleep is possibly more important on our mind and body.

Just saying some might want to give it a shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2018
  2. mgz069

mgz069 Fapstronaut

I've been struggling with sleep for years now. I tried several supplements but I am not sure if I found the solution.
    ZMA is said to help at sleep but it caused diarrhea to me (high magnesium concentration).
    Valeriana, 5htp, melatonin, lavender oil did nothing for me.

At the moment I don't have trouble falling asleep (eliminated all PC/TV use in my room 2 months ago) but I do have trouble staying asleep.
    When I wake up with a full boner, I know I had good sleep (which is rare).

Regarding B-Complex, Ι took some B-50 but I didn't really feel anything. It was so high concentration that it's said that the body expels it making your pee orange. I found out that liquid sublingual B-complex are better absorbed and I ordered it. I am waiting for them to arrive.

Psychobiotics: You probably know about probiotics and what they do. I am taking Vivomixx (high potency) due to gut issues and I believe they helped me during the 3-in-a-row months that I was taking them (mood, body pain, gut relief). Psychobiotics are probiotics but with strains especially added to improve mood etc. https://www.optimallivingdynamics.com/blog/the-9-most-promising-psychobiotics-for-anxiety

Ashwaghanda/rhodiola: I've been taking them for a while and I am not sure if I can see a difference.

In my case, I noticed that there is a correlation between good mood, energy, muscle pain and morning wood. And this might be due to bad sleep.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. B complex
    SAMe (Get the doctors best brand double strength 400mg)

4. mgz069

mgz069 Fapstronaut