1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2020 Book Club Thread Strikes Back!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by aspiringwriter1997, Aug 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Finished The Devil All The Time, very much enjoyed it. I plan on watching the Netflix movie adaptation of it sometime next week if I get the chance, it looks interesting. Next up I will be reading The Body Snatchers.

En?gma and Tilegen like this.
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Just finished The Body Snatchers. It was decent, but nothing special. Next up; Requiem for a Dream.

En?gma likes this.
  4. September month i finished:

Marco Polo - Il milione
    Lao Tzu - Tao te king
    and some text from the Upanisad.

October I will read: Nikita Romanov/Robert Payne: Ivan IV
    Giordano Bruno - Il candelaio
    and maybe something else

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2020
    AtomicTango likes this.
  5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Finished reading Requiem for a Dream. Enjoyed it a lot, a powerful and depressing dive into addiction and human suffering. Next, Silence by Japanese author Shūsaku Endō.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Finished reading Silence. Another great book that explored the concept of suffering, albeit through a completely different lens. Next up, going to take a break from novels and read volume one of Punisher MAX.

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Finished Punisher MAX volume one. Now going to read a book that collects two short story collections by horror author Thomas Ligotti, Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe.

8. Does anyone want me to make a new thread for 2021 or continue using this one?

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Honestly I just forgot about this thread completely, probably will just post in the writing thread if I have anything worth mentioning.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  10. Ah alright. I forgot about it as well, but if we clutter the writing thread with books then I can make a new one.

AtomicTango likes this.