The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 25 days – You try to pass through Caradhras but the PMO forces were strong there. You make a detour to the Dwarven Realm of Moria.

Every day I regain more focus on my humanity and those aspects - rather than a world about sexual stuff. As an artist, it's rewarding to be able to think about things like personality, character, story, and other stuff like that rather than have my mind warped around all that.
    The longer I persist the more my view on PMO being bad strengthens - I just realize more and more things. It's like only now I'm growing some sense and caring about some other things - rather than if something has a female body part lol (for me at least - my experience).

You got this fellowship! December is almost over! Start strong with me!

2. mananddog

mananddog Fapstronaut

Day 2. Managed a full day of exercise today.

3. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

I believe that your mother defiantly defeat the cancer .I hope she will get well soon:emoji_heart:

4. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 243
    5 days left to end of this year

5. JimRacine

JimRacine Fapstronaut

6. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

167 Days Free of PMO

Quick check in again, more family time today. Limiting my online time. A little tired due to sleeping later, but still taking it easy and hanging out.

Oddly enough, I have had video games flashbacks in the last few days. For the record, I haven't played them in 6-8 years, if not more. Seems my brain is craving some easily attainable dopamine hits.

Stay strong!

LLOYYD, Baki Hanma, HE^MAN and 6 others like this.
  7. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

8. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

0 days
    Relapsed yesterday. My trigger was to have my cell phone on bed. I know if I take it I will have a lot of temptation of relapsing but I took that decision.
    Today I will work out later and be aware of the urges.
    Again here brothers, keep fighting against this addiction.
    Keep strong.

9. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Be strong! And help your mother be strong. Also, always have hope, many people heal from this illness nowadays.

10. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

No worries. Don't go into bingings and you'll be fine. There is always a lesson behind the relapse! It seems you found it.

11. Tiburon727

Tiburon727 Fapstronaut

Day 4 Completed. Be well everyone. The fellowship continues.

12. Vicegerent

Vicegerent Fapstronaut

Honestly, the level of my curiosity (or craving) for things directly or indirectly linked to P is one of the major factors in my slip ups. The craving comes disguised as curiosity and vice versa. So, I thought, better written down than acted out instantly. I made a curiosity log,.. or whatever you like to call it. A simple, cheap, notepad, which is always lying around me or with me, and whenever a craving (or curiosity) hits me, and the impulse to act out is great,.. I say, “no problem, I’ll write it down and,…do it later. Let’s see.” I am not trying to trick myself here. Remember there are “No Bad Parts—It’s a book.”

The addict sub personality in us was formed in response to something and it feels it’s trying to do you or,.. me, some actual good. Which of course it’s not. Look at it emotionally, or intellectually there’s enough knowledge now out there which is proving PMO is harmful.

I will consider the, cravings, later on,… out of the heat of the moment and make better decisions.

When you’re in the heat of the moment it’s difficult to make good decisions.

13. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

7 days. Next big challenge is tomorrow evening. Let's see.

@Talz this sounds terrible. I hope your mom has a good chance and is as tough as you.

14. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

15. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

16. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

One week is a fantastic start. Good job!

17. JimRacine

JimRacine Fapstronaut

keep fighting. I know it is hard in those moments of urges and temptations but the victory is worth it. You have a choice.

18. JimRacine

JimRacine Fapstronaut

Day 8. Longest streak awhile and I’m grateful for that.

LLOYYD, PeaceOnEarth108, Talz and 3 others like this.
  19. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 244
    Songs are never get old.

20. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

168 Days Free of PMO

Much of the same, did not do all that much. I am starting to plan things for the New Year, what I'd like to achieve and update my schedule as well. It's important to reflect on these things brothers. Be active in what you would want to achieve in life, that starts with the, seemingly, smallest of goals. This will lead you down the path of tackling the more complex ones. Momentum, will bring you forward. I remind you, we overestimate what we can do in a day and underestimate what can be done in a year.

Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -George Bernard Shaw

Stay Strong!

@Talz I hope everything goes well and its nothing advanced brother.

@nerdy_owl Rise again brother, you can do this.

@Paul S. Is there something, apart from boredom, that may be causing these urges brother? Good on you on being proactive and reflecting.

@Vicegerent The cravings you speak of, can even appear as something as simple as typing up something in the search bar and then later deleting it, without hitting enter. Interjecting is not easy, understanding and challenging what lead even to that minor addict hook(i'm referring to even simply typing) is what will be the key to freedom in this fight.

@PeaceOnEarth108 Well done brother, keep going!

@Baki Hanma Keep going strong brother, lead the way!

Baki Hanma, LLOYYD, nerdy_owl and 2 others like this.