1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THEY ARE WRONG

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I often forget this verse: Matthew 6:15 ESV But if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

Ouch! But, they were wrong. But, they are wrong.

The problem is... When we don't forgive, we hurt ourselves almost as much as anyone ever hurt us.

Matthew 18:21-22 ESV Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.”
    Forgiveness starts to bring us into the Light. Unforgiveness leads to anger, resentment, frustration, darkness, and then the real trouble rears its ugly head – it's hard to fight addiction when we stay dark.

Sometimes we need a miracle to forgive someone. But, God loves to do miracles in the area of forgiveness. Click on the link below, then read the first dozen verses ending at Proverbs 10:12 “Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.”

https://www.openbible.info/topics/forgiveness

We can read as many Bible verses on forgiveness as we need to read every day in order to forgive.

Key point: Pray about forgiveness. Study the key verses on forgiveness. Then forgive and forget.

skybrowser likes this.
  2. Luke 7:47 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.”

timcia likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Ephesians 3:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [a]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

When someone has ripped us to shreds, we should consider quoting this verse twice a day until we can forgive them. We all believe satan uses people in the movies... but we forget that he uses people who are right in front of us as well.

I also forget that when addiction was “driving” me, I was dark and abusive.

Second, God knows “how much” we can forgive someone right now. If you have someone who hurt you for years, one quick phone call to just touch base is a start. It is obeying the command to forgive. Consider praying:

“Father, take away my spirit of lust and help me to forgive others that way You forgave me.”

Third, when we forgive, we increase the power of the Holy Spirit in us. We need the Holy Spirit's power in us to help us quit. We need His power to help us help others.

Forgiving others may be a top 3 way to increase in the Spirit. The #1 way is getting scripture “in us.” #2 Spending time in prayer. #3 A tie between forgiving, and loving others.

Finally, insist on trying to be happy? Three of the best ways to increase happiness are to learn (and pray) about rapid forgiveness. #2 Learn (and pray) about running from and turning from lust. #3 Every day, consider praying, “Father, what do You want me to work on today.” Granted He is not going to talk to you any more than He talks to me. But... if we have repented of our sins, it is amazing how often a thought pops into our head when we give God a chance to be involved in our lives.