1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tip to approaching girls at the gym

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Clearminded_1234, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Well my gym is a veritable sausage fest so opportunities/temptations with girls there are almost non existent. The once every couple of week that any reasonably attractive female under 40 comes in she's invariably with a guy so it's really a non starter for me. Some guys have a lot of luck picking up gym girls and are in places with a lot of opportunities but that's not really my situation at the moment.

2. sohardrn

sohardrn Fapstronaut

I still don't have it in me to ask a girl out at the gym. I genuinely feel like I'd be a jolt of a bother. You're at the gym alone with your earbuds in on leg day and all of a sudden some dude comes up and is very clearly flirting with you. He doesn't know your name. He doesn't know your interests. All he knows is that you go to the gym, and that he thinks your hot. It feels shallow.

However, maybe I should take your advice when it comes to the other places. I literally have a girl in my ECON class I'm into, but don't want to be a bother because I feel like she's really just their to study. Even though I enjoy speaking to her and she's shown interest in being around me. I mean it's not killing them to just hear that someone they see every so often likes them. In the worst case, it's a short-term inconvenience that might even stroke their ego in the long run.

3. Warrior4Freedom

Warrior4Freedom Fapstronaut

You can approach a girl in the gym within the right context.

Your working out at the gym needs to be part of the bigger "workout" you are doing for your life. You have to be focusing on the psychological, spiritual and mental work outside the gym. In fact, if you are truly focused on that, you wouldn't even be on NoFap.com asking this question -- your exercise would be part of your journey to be the best Man you could be, and distracting female forms at the gym would be like annoying mosquitoes that you need to visually "swat" away.

That being said, if you have made sufficient -- actually more than sufficient -- progress in the above, you'll naturally be continuing your exercising and your energy from your newfound Confidence/Aura will be emanating such that her (their) attention will suddenly be on you. You wait a little. If it continues over a few more visits, then you approach.

This has happened to me; I could have approached but as it stands I'm currently interacting with other women because of the above, and I don't wish to include any more. Good luck.

4. Spark Advance

Spark Advance Fapstronaut

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE. YOU NAILED IT.

Now tell me:

WHY IS THIS THE CASE FOR THE GIRL IN YOUR ECON CLASS, BUT NOT FOR A GIRL IN THE GYM?

There's literally no basis for the whole "you shouldn't hit on a girl in the gym" argument. It's all arbitrary "because I said so" reasons.

Y'know when you shouldn't hit on a girl? When she's performing open-heart surgery.
    Y'know when you shouldn't hit on a girl? When she's defusing a bomb.
    Y'know when you shouldn't hit on a girl? When she's negotiating a hostage situation.
    Y'know when you shouldn't hit on a girl? When she's trying to land a plane full of handicapped orphan children (who have cancer) in a storm at night, with 75MPH crosswinds.

In each one of those situations, there's a goddamn good reason why you should leave the woman well enough alone to focus on what she needs to do. Making a girl stop her music as she's in her rest-period between sets is trivial.

@sohardrn, if ever there was a time to go for it, it's NOW. You've already on speaking terms with her AND she's keen on being around you.

GO FOR IT, MY GUY. DO IT NOW. DO NOT WAIT. THERE IS NO "RIGHT TIME."

Don't assume that you'll get another chance. Don't tell yourself "I'll make a move next semester" or whatever. You are not guaranteed that opportunity. Maybe she changes schools. Maybe - over the summer - she goes and gets herself a boyfriend because YOU didn't make a move now.

The pain of rejection is short. The pain of regret is eternal.

Warrior4Freedom and @Ank07 like this.